Sponsored

Check Engine Light - Automatic on/off

Brink22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I bought a 2020 Jeep Gladiator at the beginning of August. Immediately I had the check engine light come on. Half of the time I’ve owned the vehicle it’s been in service at the dealership. This is CRAZY!! Nothing worse then buying a new car and having issues immediately, contrary to why you buy a new car. Automatic Start/stop seems to be causing it, I’ve read in other forums that this is a common issue and should have a recall. Apparently when it starts back up it’s not getting the correct amount of fuel?? Jeep this is a huge disappointment and uncharacteristic of your brand. When is it determined to be a lemon and you make this right?
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Check your local laws for what will determine if it is a lemon or not.

The ESS system malfunction could very well be the auxiliary battery not having enough charge in it. This has been found to be the case the majority of the time but it is not the only reason and it very well could be something different for you.

At this point, personally, I would demand a new truck from the dealership. Shit I would have turned right around if on my way home the check engine light came on.