Sponsored

Checking on a Rubi tomorrow...Little help please.

Kllrbee

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Going to check on one on the lot. Its actually built almost exactly as I would order. Only thing I probly wouldnt have ordered is the Gorilla glass.

This info is according to the sticker...

22 Rubi 48025
granite 395
Tow Pkg 645
Cold wthr / Remote 1145
Auto 2000
Gorilla 495
hardtop 1695
satin grl 195
wheels 1095
bedliner 525
total 56215
w/dc 57810

So I tried to use the pricing invoice spreadsheet in the sticky, but its for last years model. So I had to guestimate a little bit. I came up with invoice being around 3200 less than the total....right around 54600. They are asking 50900. Which If Im calculating this right, is just under 7% below invoice. Thats with a Chrysler $1000 and Gladiator $1000 bonus cash backs. But it looks like most of the discount is thru the dealer.
My question is am I calculating this right? It seems like Im missing something here.

I admit most of my vehicle buying experience has been used, so totally different negotiation tactics. Only thing ever bought new was my bike and a tractor....lol.
Thanks for any insight guys. Greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kllrbee

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Just found the 22 pricing worksheet in another post. I was off a little bit on that 3200. Its actually 3054 below MSRP. Pretty close for a guess though.
I know its friday night, so Im not expecting many responses.
Just wanted to once again mention that any help is greatly appreciated.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just found the 22 pricing worksheet in another post. I was off a little bit on that 3200. Its actually 3054 below MSRP. Pretty close for a guess though.
I know its friday night, so Im not expecting many responses.
Just wanted to once again mention that any help is greatly appreciated.
Without seeing the window sticker, it seems pretty reasonable for a rubicon. Do you have an image of the sticker?

OP
OP

Kllrbee

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Jeep Gladiator Checking on a Rubi tomorrow...Little help please. 20220416_001114[1]

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My ā€˜21 Rubi stickered for 56 and I got it for 52, which I think was quite good. A few things this doesnā€™t have, but this has several mine doesnā€™t as well. If you can get this for 50ish, I think youā€™re doing quite well.

Edit: maybe someone who has purchased a ā€˜22 can weigh in, but it doesnā€™t seem bad. Mine has leather and proximity locks, but doesnā€™t have bedliner, the 8.4 screen, or alpine audio. I put seat covers on the leather, so I wouldnā€™t have minded cloth.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That's a great price if it's the true price of the vehicle. I was looking at a Rubi last week that was used with 15,550 miles on it and they were asking $52,000 for it. Looks like this one is more loaded than the used one i was looking at. Not sure how they are selling one for that cheap but if it's the true price I'd jump on that's $50,900 would be a steal.

A lot of times they add all these discounts in behind the scenes and they post the price online and that price will be true if you qualify for all the discounts. Not sure if that's the case here or not.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thats a good deal if they stick to it. My experience is keep the 3 stages of negotiation separated. New vehicle, trade, financing. Donā€™t let them bundle and get you on payments alone. Walk in with a cashiers check from your bank for their price plus tax and you eliminate the financial juggle game. Get fair offer for your trade with cash back. Iā€™m usually only there only 30 min. If they refuse or try to play me I take the check back to the bank.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
My JTM MSRP was $59,040. My price was $54,891. I ordered mine.

Your price sounds very fair to me.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I ordered 3% under msrp, and depending on your area of the country and your willingness to travel, you can do better than that... if you order. I don't know anyone doing deals like that on in stock inventory

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Weā€™ll you have been up all night thinking about time to get going to dealer, that price is good for on the lot ready to go, as others have said hopefully there are not add inā€™s or rebates applied that you donā€™t qualify for. Let us know pictures are great!ā€¦..Jack

Barnabyā€™sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
If thatā€™s what you want, go buy it.

I just picked my Rubicon up yesterday. $55.5k MSRP and I got it for $52.8K (mine was on the lot, too).

Might could have done a better, but they had what I wanted, they were upfront on the price (used the Costco car buying thing), and I hate car shopping, so it was worth it to me to just hit the ā€˜Easy Buttonā€™ and have it over with.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That's a great price if it's the true price of the vehicle. I was looking at a Rubi last week that was used with 15,550 miles on it and they were asking $52,000 for it. Looks like this one is more loaded than the used one i was looking at. Not sure how they are selling one for that cheap but if it's the true price I'd jump on that's $50,900 would be a steal.

A lot of times they add all these discounts in behind the scenes and they post the price online and that price will be true if you qualify for all the discounts. Not sure if that's the case here or not.
Yep. If itā€™s real, jump on it and hold them to it. Donā€™t bend during negotiations. But for that price, Iā€™d let them have their dealer fee.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thats a good deal if they stick to it. My experience is keep the 3 stages of negotiation separated. New vehicle, trade, financing. Donā€™t let them bundle and get you on payments alone. Walk in with a cashiers check from your bank for their price plus tax and you eliminate the financial juggle game. Get fair offer for your trade with cash back. Iā€™m usually only there only 30 min. If they refuse or try to play me I take the check back to the bank.
I understand the tactic, but then you pay sales tax on the entire purchase price, instead of the net. I agree that payments arenā€™t the issue, the actual numbers are what get negotiated.