First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
(I'm burying this thread over here out of respect for new 2020 Gladiator Purchasers; pls move it as needed; sharing because it'll be happening soon for everyone; I honestly hope nobody reads it or it gets deleted because it just can't be real.)

Cindy

1966 Jeep Gladiator J3000 4X4 327 V8 Vigilante, Four on the Floor

Important Notice: Shipment Status "Shipping Started"

Transport Started: (Shipment Reference Numberxxx) Transport has been put in motion! As soon as our traliers arrive in your arrea, one of our shipping agents will contact you by telephone and will deliver the vehicle.

Holy bananas!!!!!

Jeepers, don't matter how many times you done it. This deal causes tightness and swelling.

If this thing exists (it might, restored & survivor, really?!?)...

If it's on the truck (it there is a transport)...

If it gets here in 7 days (drive good!! don't crash!!!)...

If it's the one pictured (zero chance it's the beauty pictured, right ?!)

If it's as described (running and driving, purrs like a sports car ...)

If I get keys handed to me ... (I won't believe it til my big ass is depressing the pedals and she moves for me like she loves me. '"Oh CINDY!!!)

Then I'll be LOL, ROTFLMAO.

...Deep breaths...
Forgive my ignorance as I’m new around here and haven’t read many posts, but I’m trying to understand what you’ve written above. Did you buy a vintage Gladiator sight unseen and are presently awaiting delivery?

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician

Sponsored

Professor57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2020 Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize! This was my error. Sorry to drag anyone through this tale; fun as it was! I hope you learn from my mistake. I am out some cash and some pride. What got me was ... Pay a little now and get everything you ever ever ever wanted in one Jeep Truck... Read about it here, just substitute jeep where they talk about what kind of car was involved (it's three pages).

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/225053-amazing-network-of-scam-sites/
I’m so sorry you got ripped off. I wonder about their humanity.
Thank you for sharing.

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Sorry man, was really looking forward to watching this build. I miss my days of buying older jeeps and fixing them up. Maybe when my little guys is close to driving age I'll make that his first vehicle .

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Of course. Out of curiosity, what is the tow rating on an old gladiator?

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So are you actually positive this time that this is a scam of some kind (did you "buy" Cindy from one of the sites mentioned) or did you just see this on line and assume since it has not been delivered yet that you have been conned? Is the ad you saw still up, can you post a link to it so we can see it?

As a consolation the 83 J10 is still posted on craigs' list near me if you are in for a road trip.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Hey, the best way to identify scammers is to tell them I'd like to see the vehicle first. Don't tell them where you are. If they know you are not close tell them you'd like to send a mobile mechanic by to see the vehicle. If they say it's in the shop or not available you know it's a scam. There are lots of us here from around the country, most likely one of us could look at something if you wanted and it was close by. If you lost money please make a complaint with the FBI internet fraud complaint desk at the link below. These types of thefts have multiple victims and the FBI will combine the victims and target the larger more sophisticated thiefs.

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Sponsored