Clayton 3.5" lift for Mojave

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Any Mojave owners running a @Clayton Off Road lift? If you are share your set up and post pics.

I believe I have pretty much decided on going with the Clayton 3.5" overland plus paired with Metalcloaks F/R shock extensions since there isn't much on the market for an upgrade to the mojave shocks that will fit. Fox says they will not have any for months and I know Falcon is working on some shocks for the Mojave so I am going to wait and see what comes to market before I make a final decision on shocks.

My concern though, is that even though the metal cloak shock extension are made for their 3.5" lift, the Clayton 3.5" lift is not equal in size and I'm worried I may run the shocks out of the neutral zone even with the shock extensions because the Clayton lift could net a lot more. I spoke with Fox about my plans with this set up and was told that it should work as there is 1" of wiggle room in the neutral zone for a lift. I wonder what the difference in height between the two 3.5" lift is though.

If the Clayton springs are too tall for the shock extensions, I guess my fall back plan is to swap in the metal cloak 3.5" springs with the rest of the Clayton lift until the market catches up with an upgrade to the factory Mojave shocks.

I have already contacted Clayton and asked about this set up and they seem to think it would be fine, but I haven't seen any proof. They also said a few Mojave owners were happy with their kit so I am looking to see if any of those mojave owners on the forum.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ckage83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 2500
Occupation
Radiology
I'm curious how this turns out. I too want a clayton kit and have a new Mojave that I'd like to retain the stock shocks on.

PabstBleuRibbon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Why would the Clayton 3.5 be that much more than the MetalCloak 3.5? Are the springs that different?

OP
OP
Rubi-Zero

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Why would the Clayton 3.5 be that much more than the MetalCloak 3.5? Are the springs that different?
Not all lifts are equal even if they advertise as the same lift height. I wish there was a direct comparison between the two 3.5” lifts so I could save myself some time.

There have been several members that have gone with Clayton lifts that are netting more lift then advertised, so that’s why I’m a little worried the Clayton 3.5” springs may end up being too tall for the metal cloak shock extensions. I don’t know, maybe I’m just over thinking it.

PabstBleuRibbon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Ah, that makes sense. I'm now thinking about the 2.5 Clayton lift since the AEV 2" lift is permanently backordered it seems. Yeah it's a jump in $$$$ but I've already got the Clayton trackbars sitting here waiting for it.

Anyone done the 2.5 lift on a Mojave? I figured I could use the Clayton 2.5 kit with Teraflex/Evo 2" shock extensions.

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, that makes sense. I'm now thinking about the 2.5 Clayton lift since the AEV 2" lift is permanently backordered it seems. Yeah it's a jump in $$$$ but I've already got the Clayton trackbars sitting here waiting for it.

Anyone done the 2.5 lift on a Mojave? I figured I could use the Clayton 2.5 kit with Teraflex/Evo 2" shock extensions.
I don't have a Mojave, but I'm running the Clayton 2.5" lift and yes, it netted me over 3" of lift. I am running Fox +2-3" shocks and have no problems. The shocks max out before the springs become loose and fall out, which I consider to be a good thing.

The only thing you'd have to do is possibly add some bump stop extensions, (if they make such a thing for the Mojave), since shock extenders will help the spring extend further, but the stroke remains the same so the shocks may bottom out before you hit your bump stops on up-travel.

PabstBleuRibbon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
I don't have a Mojave, but I'm running the Clayton 2.5" lift and yes, it netted me over 3" of lift. I am running Fox +2-3" shocks and have no problems. The shocks max out before the springs become loose and fall out, which I consider to be a good thing.

The only thing you'd have to do is possibly add some bump stop extensions, (if they make such a thing for the Mojave), since shock extenders will help the spring extend further, but the stroke remains the same so the shocks may bottom out before you hit your bump stops on up-travel.
The Clayton 2.5 kit comes with bump stop extensions front/rear, would those work? The 2.5 Clayton lift for Mojave shopping cart in my head so far:

* Clayton overland 2.5 kit
* Teraflex 2" shock extension front
* EVO 2.5 rear shock extensions

I think that might do it?

@Clayton Off Road any input? Make the sale! :)

MNGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Power Wagon 2020 Gladiator
Just FYI, my Clayton 3.5 Overland Plus kit came with 4.5" front springs and 3.5" rear springs. So now I have a Woods front driveshaft.

PabstBleuRibbon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Just FYI, my Clayton 3.5 Overland Plus kit came with 4.5" front springs and 3.5" rear springs. So now I have a Woods front driveshaft.
Yeah it looks like their 2.5 kit comes with a 3.5 spring up front. There's also a 2.5 front spring available, same rate just an inch shorter.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ckage83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 2500
Occupation
Radiology
please please keep us updated or shoot me a message as you go. I’m taking delivery of my new Mojave and I desperately want a Clayton lift with the stock shocks.

The Clayton 2.5 kit comes with bump stop extensions front/rear, would those work? The 2.5 Clayton lift for Mojave shopping cart in my head so far:

* Clayton overland 2.5 kit
* Teraflex 2" shock extension front
* EVO 2.5 rear shock extensions

I think that might do it?

@Clayton Off Road any input? Make the sale! :)

bairesman

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
Sales
I am really interested as well. I was planning on putting the readylift but this is a much more robust kit for a competitive amount.

bairesman

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
Sales
Any Mojave owners running a @Clayton Off Road lift? If you are share your set up and post pics.

I believe I have pretty much decided on going with the Clayton 3.5" overland plus paired with Metalcloaks F/R shock extensions since there isn't much on the market for an upgrade to the mojave shocks that will fit. Fox says they will not have any for months and I know Falcon is working on some shocks for the Mojave so I am going to wait and see what comes to market before I make a final decision on shocks.

My concern though, is that even though the metal cloak shock extension are made for their 3.5" lift, the Clayton 3.5" lift is not equal in size and I'm worried I may run the shocks out of the neutral zone even with the shock extensions because the Clayton lift could net a lot more. I spoke with Fox about my plans with this set up and was told that it should work as there is 1" of wiggle room in the neutral zone for a lift. I wonder what the difference in height between the two 3.5" lift is though.

If the Clayton springs are too tall for the shock extensions, I guess my fall back plan is to swap in the metal cloak 3.5" springs with the rest of the Clayton lift until the market catches up with an upgrade to the factory Mojave shocks.

I have already contacted Clayton and asked about this set up and they seem to think it would be fine, but I haven't seen any proof. They also said a few Mojave owners were happy with their kit so I am looking to see if any of those mojave owners on the forum.

John have you thought of the Readylift shock extensions? Not sure those are sold without the kit thought...

OP
OP
Rubi-Zero

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
John have you thought of the Readylift shock extensions? Not sure those are sold without the kit thought...
I wanted a more complete lift then what ready lift offered, and I don’t think you can purchase the extensions without purchasing their lift.

I looked at just about everything out there. Initially I was going to keep the shocks for a little while until I can get some built but decided to move on from them now.

Since the start of this thread I moved in a different direction and decided to go with a Rock krawler X pro lift and get some custom made adjustable shocks by Radflo. I really wanted to go with custom built kings but they are a year out… I have already been pretty patient with this build with all the supply chain delays so I didn’t want to wait a year for the kings. I have many things on order and just waiting patiently for everything to arrive. I’ll be starting a build thread soon.
Sponsored