Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
@Clayton Off Road
I am a geolgoist and work off road so my uses are trails dirt road gravel roads, for fun I like to explore an dusually end up rock crawling nothing super serious but i don' want o get turned away either becasue a trail is too rough, That being said I won'r be doing the rubciocn or Dusy-ershim trailin thisvehcile andlastly ido drive alot of freewy miles.

After spending alot of time looking reading and watching you tube videos I think I am going with the 2.3 or 3.5 overlander kit . Now the big question is what shocks do you recommend? and is there a shope out here either in san diego fresno or orange county that you can recommend? what is the wait time for this Kit? Once I find an installer can Ihave the kit shipped there directly?
Sponsored

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
@Clayton Off Road
I am a geolgoist and work off road so my uses are trails dirt road gravel roads, for fun I like to explore an dusually end up rock crawling nothing super serious but i don' want o get turned away either becasue a trail is too rough, That being said I won'r be doing the rubciocn or Dusy-ershim trailin thisvehcile andlastly ido drive alot of freewy miles.

After spending alot of time looking reading and watching you tube videos I think I am going with the 2.3 or 3.5 overlander kit . Now the big question is what shocks do you recommend? and is there a shope out here either in san diego fresno or orange county that you can recommend? what is the wait time for this Kit? Once I find an installer can Ihave the kit shipped there directly?

Check out Dependable Off-Road in Anaheim. or better yet... DM me.

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Yes those shocks would work!

Right now we're waiting on our next shipment of bushings to arrive, it could be anywhere between 3 to 6 weeks so we're just estimating shipping out at the full 6-week mark right now but it can always be earlier! Going on a first-come-first-serve basis so kits are shipping out in the order they were received :)
Any updates yet on shipping? Waiting on some other parts still but wondering if the bushings have come in?
Thanks

Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock, 2021 JT Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This is definitely the most complete "base" kit on the market to properly lift and align the JT! Nice that you can add on extra control arms later. I have the 2.5" fronts and 3.5" rear springs on my JTR w/ Falcon SP2 3.3's and love it. 37's on AEV Borah's and no rubbing at all. Just remember to get a minimum 3" bump stop front and rear.

IMG_20200831_114124.jpg

IMG_20200908_111952_948.jpg
Your JT looks perfect! What shock lengths did you go with on your Falcons since the front and rear are in different specs?

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any updates yet on shipping? Waiting on some other parts still but wondering if the bushings have come in?
Thanks
Actually bushings have arrived! Now we're just waiting on track bars to come back from powder coating and kits will begin to ship out again!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Clayton Off Road

Hey Ralph, for shocks we recommend either something like the Fox 2.0's which are what most of our customers go with, or even the Falcon 3.3 adjustables. The Fox shocks pair great with our kit, and are actually what we used when designing and testing our system. The falcons are a little bit stiffer, but the adjustability those shocks offer makes them great for somebody looking for more performance either on or off-road! If you're looking for a shop close by to you for install work give us a call and we can always help to find something :)

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
hello Clayton,
so I’m curious, with either of the 2.5 or 3.5 ride right lifts, when installed in a rubicon compared to a sport s, does the rubicon sit higher than the sport s? And if so, how much?

i have a sport s and want to install a 3.5” ride right with 37s, but want to know what to expect as far s as looks. It seems like all the pictures are of rubis...

thanks Mike

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
hello Clayton,
so I’m curious, with either of the 2.5 or 3.5 ride right lifts, when installed in a rubicon compared to a sport s, does the rubicon sit higher than the sport s? And if so, how much?

i have a sport s and want to install a 3.5” ride right with 37s, but want to know what to expect as far s as looks. It seems like all the pictures are of rubis...

thanks Mike
Hey Mike, I'll try to answer your questions the best I can! After the lift kit is installed both the Rubicon and Sport S would be sitting at the exact same height, basically because now they would both be on the exact same suspension system. The only thing that would be different is the higher fenders on the Rubicon model which just allows for a little bit of a bigger tire with a little bit less lift. For example on a Sport model we recommended our 3.5" system to fit 37's perfectly, and on a Rubicon model we recommend our 2.5". Hopefully this helps, let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything I can clarify further :like:

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Hi James, I actually talked to you on the phone today... Sorry, for doubling up on you.
I understand fully now and will be getting my 3.5 lift on order in the next day or so.

Thank you for all your help!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi James, I actually talked to you on the phone today... Sorry, for doubling up on you.
I understand fully now and will be getting my 3.5 lift on order in the next day or so.

Thank you for all your help!
Hey no problem any time!

Sponsored

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Hey yall I was wondering if yall guys would ever come out with a long arm kit for the front and rear for the jeep jt?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I know you guys have touched on this before a bit, but for those of us that went with the Mojave, what would be the correct way to add a little lift with your kit? I understand the shock extensions are not the best option. For someone that daily drives their Gladiator and only sees a few light weekend trails, is there a going to be a noticeable difference with using the shock extensions?

I guess the only other option is to buy new, longer shocks. Do you guys sell the FOX 2.5" shocks in a longer size that are comparable to the OEM Mojave units?

Epic Adventure Outfitters came out with a video piecing together a 2" Lift using Teraflex and Evo stuff and said it drove better than any Gladiator they've lifted. - Looks like they used a Terraflex 2" shock extension on the front and an Evo 2.5" shock extension on the rear.

Wondering if the Clayton 2.5" kit with shock extensions would offer a comparable result.
Just saw this. Here is my plan and I should be posting soon when stuff arrives. Fabtech made corner specific, mojave specific, springs and shock extensions..as well as a more complete kit. I decided to go with their basic spring/extension/sway link lift and added the @Clayton Off Road full control arm kit. Teraflex front track bar bracket and Rock Krawler rear track bar bracket. I'll add the clayton rear sway links and front disconnect sway links in a bit, and their f/r track bars down the road. For steering I'm doing the Fox damper on Synergy drag link flip and tie rod. Currenlty on 37's.

IMO this is the right combo. The stock Mojave shocks have enough travel in them that the stock springs don't max them out. The fabtech mojave specific springs allow max use of the factory fox shocks. IMO, this is the only way to go on a Mojave right now until other companies build up some options. This allows you to maximize the suspension you paid for and really get the benefit. Im guestimating my method as coming in roughly between a Clayton 2.5 and 3.5 kit, since we will be looking at roughly 2.5" above a Rubicon.

edit: Keep in mind what each level of build requires. With what I'm planning, the stock Mojave shocks may have enough flex that it will require a new front drive shaft and possibly a rear. it has turned into and expensive game of "if you give a mouse a cookie".

Last edited:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
@Clayton Off Road am I correct that the pics on your website of the 2.5" system is on 35's and the 3.5" system is on 37's?

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Clayton Off Road am I correct that the pics on your website of the 2.5" system is on 35's and the 3.5" system is on 37's?
Some of the 2.5" kit photos are on 37's as well if you're looking at a Rubicon in the photos, and some of the 3.5" kits are even on 39's! Generally we recommend for any of our kits: Sport/Sahara on a 2.5" lift can fit up to 35's with no rubbing, Sport/Sahara on a 3.5" kit can fit up to 37's with no rubbing, and a Rubicon on a 2.5" kit can fit up to 37's no rubbing, or on a 3.5" kit up to 39's!

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
My truck is taking a long time to get built. So I will be ordering a set of front lower control arms and rear upper control arms to add to my ride right sitting here. That will help with the alignment, pinion angle set up and the long wait. Will probably order the lower rear control arms in a couple of weeks when I need a little something to get through another week. lol.
Sponsored