First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
We do have something like this in the works, if you're interested shoot me a DM and we can talk more!
I'm interested and excited that it's in consideration! It's not financially feasible right now (got hit with a $1500 pest control bill in our apartment) but I'll be keeping my eyes open and will DM if I get a financial windfall!
Sponsored

J_0ne

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I am running into an issue with the installation of the front upper control arms. The instructions call for the bend to be away from the frame but for some reason if I do that the arm rubs with the frame at the adjustable joint. Anyone else have this issue?

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I am running into an issue with the installation of the front upper control arms. The instructions call for the bend to be away from the frame but for some reason if I do that the arm rubs with the frame at the adjustable joint. Anyone else have this issue?
Make sure the arms are bending inwards and down, if you have any questions give us a call and we can have you send us some pictures to see what's going on!

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
No, but, I also thought I might have an issue there when everything was loose... The Clayton arms are beefy ! After I made sure I had the right arm on the right side and I cinch up all the control arms and track bar, there was plenty of clearance.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No, but, I also thought I might have an issue there when everything was loose... The Clayton arms are beefy ! After I made sure I had the right arm on the right side and I cinch up all the control arms and track bar, there was plenty of clearance.
It's deceiving when it's up on a two-post lift but those arms fit with plenty of clearance on both sides!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thought some of you guys might find this interesting. I wish I had some more photos, but I had a customer send us over some photos of his JT Rubicon with our 3.5" kit on 35's. We get a lot of questions on how combinations like this might look, especially for a Rubicon on a 2.5" lift with 35's, so this is a little bit out of the ordinary for sure but let me know what you guys think! The bed weight probably helps a little bit as well.

JT Rubicon, 3.5" Overland Plus suspension system on 35" tires:

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems image2

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems image2
Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems image7

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems image5

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Finally got my truck this past Thursday (ordered in December). Put on the lift yesterday (Sunday). It was a struggle. Took me and buddy over 11 hours. You guys make it look easy. Then again, I don't even change my own oil. Lift looks good but I'm having some problems maybe you guys can help diagnose.

There's also a rattle at the front passenger corner. But I think that's the sway bar end link. I had a hard time tightening that sucker.
I get a random traction light sometimes. Can a bad pinion angle cause traction problems? I think my rear is a little bit off. Also, what should I be looking out for to know if there's other problems with my lift? Keep in mind I'm pretty new to wrenching and this is my first Jeep. Thanks.

lifted2.jpg

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Thought some of you guys might find this interesting. I wish I had some more photos, but I had a customer send us over some photos of his JT Rubicon with our 3.5" kit on 35's. We get a lot of questions on how combinations like this might look, especially for a Rubicon on a 2.5" lift with 35's, so this is a little bit out of the ordinary for sure but let me know what you guys think! The bed weight probably helps a little bit as well.

JT Rubicon, 3.5" Overland Plus suspension system on 35" tires:

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems lifted2

I showed my daughter and she said the tires looked little. She told me if I went with the 3.5” I either needed new tires or needed to wait until my current 35s wear out.

Sponsored

GrayGhost

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Ahh... no. Didn't think that was a big deal. It's a little cockeyed. That could cause the traction light to flash?
That is probably the traction control light issue. I can’t really say in regards to your other questions.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Ahh... no. Didn't think that was a big deal. It's a little cockeyed. That could cause the traction light to flash?
Yes if your steering wheel is not centered correctly it can cause this to happen. First get your jeep lined up moving in a straight line and approach your work area. Once your tires are lined up and straight and you notice the wheel is not centered, it needs to be corrected. If you place a piece of painters tape around the center point of your steering wheel this will help you see the center point from the front of the vehicle while making the adjustments. You will need to loosen the collar on your drag link and adjust it by turning it in the direction that will make your steering wheel come back to center. Once finished tighten everything back to spec and take for a test drive around the block and see if you need to make minor adjustments to get it perfect. It may take several tries.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Finally got my truck this past Thursday (ordered in December). Put on the lift yesterday (Sunday). It was a struggle. Took me and buddy over 11 hours. You guys make it look easy. Then again, I don't even change my own oil. Lift looks good but I'm having some problems maybe you guys can help diagnose.

There's also a rattle at the front passenger corner. But I think that's the sway bar end link. I had a hard time tightening that sucker.
I get a random traction light sometimes. Can a bad pinion angle cause traction problems? I think my rear is a little bit off. Also, what should I be looking out for to know if there's other problems with my lift? Keep in mind I'm pretty new to wrenching and this is my first Jeep. Thanks.

Congrats on doing your own install, that's always a great feeling! If you'd like, feel free to PM or email us some photos of the underneath and we can check everything out for you the best we can. The sway bar end links actually have a spot for an allen key to help hold them in place while you tighten, so hopefully that helps you out some! Again feel free to send over any pictures or questions to our email so we can help make sure everything works properly!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I showed my daughter and she said the tires looked little. She told me if I went with the 3.5” I either needed new tires or needed to wait until my current 35s wear out.
It's definitely not the norm! But honestly isn't even too bad looking!
Sponsored