Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Congrats on doing your own install, that's always a great feeling! If you'd like, feel free to PM or email us some photos of the underneath and we can check everything out for you the best we can. The sway bar end links actually have a spot for an allen key to help hold them in place while you tighten, so hopefully that helps you out some! Again feel free to send over any pictures or questions to our email so we can help make sure everything works properly!
Thank you. I think I need a longer allen key.
Going to post some photos of the under belly on here so others can chime in and also may be helpful for other first timers like myself.

20210309_101907.jpg

20210309_101928.jpg

20210309_101946.jpg

20210309_102002.jpg

20210309_102022.jpg

20210309_102045.jpg
Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Thanks Clayton for helping me out privately. That is some next level service! All is well. Still need to tighten up the end links but went home for lunch and straighten out the steering wheels. All lights are now off!!! Actually, it's just the ESC and FWC lights. I'm pretty stoked. Wheels and tires coming on Saturday! Thanks again.

Last edited:

RaiderGladiator

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Thanks Clayton for helping me out privately. That is some next level service! All is well. Still need to tighten up the end links but went home for lunch and straighten out the steering wheels. All lights are now off!!! Actually, it's just the ESC and FWC lights. I'm pretty stoked. Wheels and tires coming on Saturday! Thanks again.
Looks great, congrats. Clayton has some great customer service.

GladiatorCruzen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Elevator Superintendent
I really like your setup. I just bought the 2.5 Clayton. Do you think 37x13.50 would fit on those rebound 17x8.5" rims without rubbing inside? I'm torn between the 12.50 or the 13.50s.
I think they would clear fine. Truck is a beast in person. Huge difference over stock, so I’m not sure you will care about 12.5 vs 13.5 after you’re done installing everything.

RaiderGladiator

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I really like your setup. I just bought the 2.5 Clayton. Do you think 37x13.50 would fit on those rebound 17x8.5" rims without rubbing inside? I'm torn between the 12.50 or the 13.50s.
I put 13.50’s on. 37x13.50r18 and they fit perfect. Absolutely no rubbing. 2.5” Clayton.

36DDE9C3-6896-45AE-920F-C68E785C9417.jpeg

Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
13.50 is sick. Thats real meaty looking. Got my Toyo RTs on. Will take a pic later.

I'm still getting clunking noise at low speed over uneven rough road or backing out of the driveway. I've loosened all swaybar links then retorqued them on the ground. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
13.50 is sick. Thats real meaty looking. Got my Toyo RTs on. Will take a pic later.

I'm still getting clunking noise at low speed over uneven rough road or backing out of the driveway. I've loosened all swaybar links then retorqued them on the ground. Any suggestions?
Hmm there shouldn't be anything else lift kit wise that would be causing a clunking sound in this scenario, give us a call when you get some time and we can help make sure everything is okay with those end links! Phone number is (203) 691 8593

Last edited:

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link

since you have a Rubicon, disconnect the sway bar using the switch, and turn the Gladiator off. The sway bar will be disconnected unless you move it to be in line with the other side, then, it will automatically connect again. Now with no load on the sway bar, shake your end links. Mine were loose even though they seemed tight when the sway bar was connected and under load.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
since you have a Rubicon, disconnect the sway bar using the switch, and turn the Gladiator off. The sway bar will be disconnected unless you move it to be in line with the other side, then, it will automatically connect again. Now with no load on the sway bar, shake your end links. Mine were loose even though they seemed tight when the sway bar was connected and under load.
Will give that a try it a try. I did torqued it to 60ftlb as recommended. Let's say that it's loose. Do I go even higher?

Plan is to loosen all the arms a track bar and tighten them all up on the ground. I had tightened them in the air.
Also, is something going to break if I drive around town like this?
Will give clayton a call if I can't work it out by this weekend.

Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Disconnected the sway bar and the links feel solid. Will have to wait til Friday to loosen all the arms and retighten on the ground. Will also check the shock bolt.
The front passenger spring isn't quite flush against the ridge. See photo. Would that be a problem?

20210317_175510.jpg

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Will give that a try it a try. I did torqued it to 60ftlb as recommended. Let's say that it's loose. Do I go even higher?

Plan is to loosen all the arms a track bar and tighten them all up on the ground. I had tightened them in the air.
Also, is something going to break if I drive around town like this?
Will give clayton a call if I can't work it out by this weekend.
Yeah definitely not good if everything was tightened in the air, something could be really seized up. Follow through with us afterward either by phone or email and we can see if there's anything else we can do to help, but the best idea at this point might be to take it to a local off-road shop near you to have them look over the install and make sure everything looks okay, as it's always easier for somebody to diagnose the issue in person!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Disconnected the sway bar and the links feel solid. Will have to wait til Friday to loosen all the arms and retighten on the ground. Will also check the shock bolt.
The front passenger spring isn't quite flush against the ridge. See photo. Would that be a problem?

20210317_175510.jpg
Yes this coil spring needs to be rotated and flush up against that perch.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Will be taking her in tomorrow. Hoping they can work this out and get an alignment as well. Have a trip planned next weekend to stretch her legs.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
It feels so good when things worked as they should. Got my truck back from the shop and all is well that ends well. The ride is nice and tight... and quiet!! I've learned a lot but not sure if I want to tackle it again unless I had extra free time.
Sponsored