Sponsored

Cavitt

First Name
Cavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR; 1998 Mercedes SL600
They don't stick out bad but I like the looks of a little "poke" on Gladiators and Wranglers. -18mm is just the right amount of offset IMO, I still just barely rub on the lower control arm at full lock with the 12.50" tires so any less offset would take away from my turning radius. I also rub just a tad on the inner fender at full flex, but I plan to do some aftermarket inner fenders and possibly a fender chop sometime soon.

789.jpg
I agree that they don't poke out too much, at least not for me. I like the look. Also good to know that you need at least -18mm to keep 37x12.5' on a 9.5" rim off the control arms.

I really appreciate your help!
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I agree that they don't poke out too much, at least not for me. I like the look. Also good to know that you need at least -18mm to keep 37x12.5' on a 9.5" rim off the control arms.

I really appreciate your help!
Your wide axles give you a little more room for inside sidewall clearance.

I'm running 35x12.50 on stock 20x8 wheels with 1.5" wheel spacers. Equivalent to about +6mm offset. No rubbing on mine.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So…I haven’t heard any updates regarding your Diesel rated front springs for some time now. I visited your site last night and saw that several of the lifts were no longer in inventory. Any idea how long before you can stock back up?

065625CD-9444-4430-953D-59BDFEEF35D2.png
Diesel springs are due in April! The kits listed as back-ordered have been taken off back off order status as of yesterday and are shipping again within 1 to 2 business days :like:

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Clayton Off Road with your 2.5” overland plus kit, is it recommended to add the driveshaft carrier bearing spacer? Mine is a JT Rubicon.
You shouldn't have to! The adjustable control arms will allow you to get a good pinion angle, and we've never heard of or encountered any issues with the 2.5" or 3.5" kits :)

TexasLEO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sarge green JTR, "Master Chief" John 117
You shouldn't have to! The adjustable control arms will allow you to get a good pinion angle, and we've never heard of or encountered any issues with the 2.5" or 3.5" kits :)
Thanks

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Can you shed some light on the differences between the standard 2.5” overland lift springs and the 2.5” overland diesel spec springs? Are they taller or same height but stiffer, combo of both or something else?

NateZoinks

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Laser Tech
Have any of you put a angle finder on your rear driveshaft to see what the pinion angle is? What is acceptable?
Nate

2021 Sarge Green JTR
2.5” Clayton Overland+
Fox 2.5 Elite shocks
Weld wheels
37 BFG KM3

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can you shed some light on the differences between the standard 2.5” overland lift springs and the 2.5” overland diesel spec springs? Are they taller or same height but stiffer, combo of both or something else?
Slightly taller and a higher spring rate, but also magic :) All of our spring rates for each individual set of springs are published on our site if you're ever interested in comparisons!

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Slightly taller and a higher spring rate, but also magic :) All of our spring rates for each individual set of springs are published on our site if you're ever interested in comparisons!
Ok, I'm considering swapping out the springs since mine is not diesel specific. Am I correct to assume only the front springs on the diesel kit are different? As I am now, I am basically level and I do not have any leveling kit installed. So I don't really want to put springs on in front that would raise the front more than the rear especially since I tow a 5k TT.... trying to avoid the Carolina squat.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ok, I'm considering swapping out the springs since mine is not diesel specific. Am I correct to assume only the front springs on the diesel kit are different? As I am now, I am basically level and I do not have any leveling kit installed. So I don't really want to put springs on in front that would raise the front more than the rear especially since I tow a 5k TT.... trying to avoid the Carolina squat.
It only changes the front yes. If you are already level due to extra weight in the back I would keep the current set up as it is :like:

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
…the old special sauce trick…

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
I like the Clayton products as quality but I only want 2 inch lift. Any suggestions ? Synergy? It sits OK now so need 2 inches front and rear.
Sponsored