Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What Kind of RTI can you expect with the Ride Right? Same as factory?
It's definitely more than stock due to the longer springs and shocks, but it's not something we were super concerned with measuring for this kit since this kit is for somebody mainly looking to use the vehicle as a daily driver, but fit some larger wheels and tires. The main concern here was ride quality, which is why we include the front uppers so that you can perfectly dial in your caster angle. If you're looking for maximum articulation, I would definitely consider either our complete Overland+ or Premium Series kit with all 8 control arms!
Sponsored

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
This is definitely the most complete "base" kit on the market to properly lift and align the JT! Nice that you can add on extra control arms later. I have the 2.5" fronts and 3.5" rear springs on my JTR w/ Falcon SP2 3.3's and love it. 37's on AEV Borah's and no rubbing at all. Just remember to get a minimum 3" bump stop front and rear.

IMG_20200831_114124.jpg

IMG_20200908_111952_948.jpg

Deleted member 24880

This is what I am looking for but I don’t see how this is an entry or budget priced kit. $1300 for the kit them approximately $600 for shocks. Is this kit that superior to the Mopar lift or others? Not trying to be a dick or upset anyone but when I think of a entry level priced lift I think $1000-1200 shocks included. I was excited when I saw this but no way I’m spending close to $2k on a daily driver occasional off roading setup.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
How well would these spring rates play with the stock Rubicon shock tuning if one were to use shock extensions?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
With the 3.5 kit, can 37s fit with the stock non-Rubi fenders and factory wheel offset? What would the difference between this half Overland kit and the PLUS version be and is there any way to get that upgrade in a half kit?

Been waffling between your kit and MC but if I can do half now and half later that's easier to work through the home finance department.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey Bryan, I understand your concern, and acknowledge that while this is our new base-priced system, it is still an expensive kit relative to some other options on the market. This is an entry level point for getting into a Clayton Off Road lift, so while there are other companies out there coming out with less expensive options, this is what we are offering as the best solution for those that just want larger wheels and tires but don't want to compromise on ride quality. There is a certain standard of quality and performance that we need our suspension systems to meet at Clayton Off Road, so including any less than what is included in this system just to meet a price point wouldn't make sense for us, and wouldn't be a suspension system we'd want our name on. Your vehicles suspension is one of the most crucial areas to use high quality parts, and of course all of the right parts, so our goal with this kit is to offer both value AND performance to our customers.

Keep in mind - when comparing this kit to something like the Mopar kit, while our kit still remains slightly more expensive when including shocks, that kit does not include either front or rear adjustable track bars, which you absolutely need in order set your track and properly position your axles when lifting the vehicle. So while our kit may not be priced out with shocks, something like that would still require additional components as well if you're looking to maintain ride quality with your newly added height.

Additionally, all of our parts can always be purchased individually if you're looking to use our high quality components and create an even more budget friendly option for yourself!

Hope this helps some! I only mean to explain some of the benefits and differences with our system, and understand if you feel this is still out of a certain price point, but again this is what we consider to be the absolute best solution for somebody looking to just fit larger tires while maintaining ride quality.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This is definitely the most complete "base" kit on the market to properly lift and align the JT! Nice that you can add on extra control arms later. I have the 2.5" fronts and 3.5" rear springs on my JTR w/ Falcon SP2 3.3's and love it. 37's on AEV Borah's and no rubbing at all. Just remember to get a minimum 3" bump stop front and rear.

Jeep Gladiator Clayton Off Road JT Suspension Systems IMG_20200908_111952_948

Thanks! That's definitely what we were going for! Truck looks bad ass :rock:

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
With the 3.5 kit, can 37s fit with the stock non-Rubi fenders and factory wheel offset? What would the difference between this half Overland kit and the PLUS version be and is there any way to get that upgrade in a half kit?

Been waffling between your kit and MC but if I can do half now and half later that's easier to work through the home finance department.
Yes 37's would fit on a Sport/Sahara with the 3.5" kit perfectly. In order to run the factory wheels, you would need to run about an 1.25" wheel spacer if you didn't want to have any rubbing at full wheel lock, otherwise we suggest going with wheels with a backspacing somewhere between 4.5 and 4.75.

The only pieces missing between this kit and the Overland+ version are the remaining 6 control arms and bump stops, all of which can be added on later - no problem at all, since this kit is fully adjustable and the Overland+ kit uses the same Giiro joints found in this kit.

That's part of the whole idea behind this kit is not only is at a great base priced option for somebody that only wants to fit larger tires while maintaining ride quality, but also provides an excellent entry point for somebody that might want to take the Jeep off-roading later down the road and is interested in upgrading to the complete Overland+ kit in the future!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How well would these spring rates play with the stock Rubicon shock tuning if one were to use shock extensions?
We normally don't suggest using shock extensions, as it's always best to use shocks intended for the amount of lift being applied to the vehicle. Not only is this the best solution for shock travel, but it also provides the proper shock valving necessary for the additional weight and height being applied to the vehicle.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
We normally don't suggest using shock extensions, as it's always best to use shocks intended for the amount of lift being applied to the vehicle. Not only is this the best solution for shock travel, but it also provides the proper shock valving necessary for the additional weight and height being applied to the vehicle.
Do you have published spring rates/effective spring rates or at least shock recommendations who's tuning will play nice with your spring rates?

Also, are these coils frequency tuned front/rear?

Sponsored

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
bi with the Rebel Rack?

That looks awesome. Did you measure the lift in front and rear before/after installing Springs? I asked @Clayton Off Road but they haven't responded yet. Curious to see how 2.5 and 3.5 raise stock rubicon. I may consider doing 3.5 rears as well as I like the "rake" look for when the truck is loaded or towing.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Clayton Off Road this is precisely the kit I was waiting for.. :) What is the exact lift front and rear from stock rubicon model in both 2.5 and 3.5 lifts?

I already have fox 2.0 for 0-1.5 inch lift and hoping they will work for daily driver with your 2.5 lift.

THanks!
Sorry must have missed this one! On a Rubicon, with the 2.5" kit you'd probably see about a 3" increase in the rear and a 3.5" increase in the front, and with the 3.5" about a 4" increase in the rear and 4.5 in the front. We would definitely suggest a new set of shocks that is designed to work specifically with the amount of lift you intend on going with for best results!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That looks awesome. Did you measure the lift in front and rear before/after installing Springs? I asked @Clayton Off Road but they haven't responded yet. Curious to see how 2.5 and 3.5 raise stock rubicon. I may consider doing 3.5 rears as well as I like the "rake" look for when the truck is loaded or towing.
Sorry missed your post but just responded! To add in addition to my other response, the amount of rake would be the same between both kits, just at different heights!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do you have published spring rates/effective spring rates or at least shock recommendations who's tuning will play nice with your spring rates?

Also, are these coils frequency tuned front/rear?
Yes all of our spring rates are published on our website if you go to the individual listing for the springs themselves! We recommend using either the Fox 2.0 performance series shocks for a daily driver/weekend warrior build, or the Falcon 3.3's if you're somebody looking for more performance and likes to drive a little bit more aggressive.