Sponsored

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
So then looking at the ride right 2.5 @$1300. You would need shocks $600+/- wheels ~1000.00 drive shaft 575 whic would. Equal $3475. Before you buy tires 1500 and regear 1500 bringing the grand total to about $6400.00. Ouch isn’t there a less expensive way to accomplish running 37s? No matter what you are going to have 3000 in gears and tires. I need to win the lottery
You don't have to go all out right away. I'm planning to do the suspension for about 2k and another 1.5k for tires and spacers. So thats a total of 3.5k give or take a couple hundies. It'll probably about $3700 total. Then I can change out wheels a few months down the line... then add the rest of the arms. Drive shaft and regear would be much later down the line.
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Before regearing I highly suggest your drive it first. I have 37s on and with the 8spd automatic, I don't feel the need to re-gear at all. The only thing required is a programmer to recalibrate your shift points and speedometer. I use the Tazer mini. Running 37" patagonias and 4.10 gearing. Works just fine.
wherevdonyou live ? My house is in the Sierra Nevadas at 3500 feet. I weekly drive over the grapevine pass on I 5 that hits 4400 feet dodging the herds of 18 wheelers I get what you are saying and maybe. I’ll try that way but pretty sure I’ll be getting. 488s the ASAP. Right now kinda thinking just going a spacer lift regear and tires I already ordered the tazer mini.
On another note do you think there is more room under the jt rubicon wheel wells or the JlUR wheel wells. Or are they the same?

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
wherevdonyou live ? My house is in the Sierra Nevadas at 3500 feet. I weekly drive over the grapevine pass on I 5 that hits 4400 feet dodging the herds of 18 wheelers I get what you are saying and maybe. I’ll try that way but pretty sure I’ll be getting. 488s the ASAP. Right now kinda thinking just going a spacer lift regear and tires I already ordered the tazer mini.
On another note do you think there is more room under the jt rubicon wheel wells or the JlUR wheel wells. Or are they the same?
There is plenty of room in the JTR wheel wells. Look at the photos attached. 37" Milestar Patagoinas fits nicely. Stock suspension. The JTR should have come with 37s from the factory.

I'm in NC so no, I don't traverse hills as you do in CA. But I'm telling you, I do mash on the gas from time to time and I honestly don't feel the need to regear. The 3.6l Pentastar does not struggle.

20201109_155252.jpg

20201109_155201.jpg

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So then looking at the ride right 2.5 @$1300. You would need shocks $600+/- wheels ~1000.00 drive shaft 575 whic would. Equal $3475. Before you buy tires 1500 and regear 1500 bringing the grand total to about $6400.00. Ouch isn’t there a less expensive way to accomplish running 37s? No matter what you are going to have 3000 in gears and tires. I need to win the lottery
Keep in mind, this is not meant to be the cheapest option you can find, just the cheapest option we offer and what we feel is the absolute best bang for your buck in terms of lifting your vehicle properly and maintaining overall ride quality. New front driveshafts technically are not something you would need with this kit, as this kit was designed for somebody mainly planning on keeping the vehicle on road, just looking to fit larger tires the right way, in which case the factory driveshaft would be perfectly fine. The driveshaft really does not have to be replaced until you plan on using the vehicle off-road a lot and flexing it out. Re-gearing is also one of those things that absolutely does not have to be done, especially with these gladiators. From what we hear back from customers, as well as in our own experience, these vehicles are perfectly capable of handling larger tires most of the time without any kind of re-gearing, but of course it will be up to the individual and what they are looking for from their own personal vehicle!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You don't have to go all out right away. I'm planning to do the suspension for about 2k and another 1.5k for tires and spacers. So thats a total of 3.5k give or take a couple hundies. It'll probably about $3700 total. Then I can change out wheels a few months down the line... then add the rest of the arms. Drive shaft and regear would be much later down the line.
That's definitely a great way to do it!

GladiatorCruzen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Elevator Superintendent
I’m having such a difficult time deciding which way to go. 2.5 or 3.5, and this Ride Right or the complete Overland kit...??? If I’m honest with myself, I won’t be doing any extreme rock crawling and mainly just want a big bass ass Jeep to take on the occasional fire road and haul my fishing kayak around. I have another vehicle for my daily, so this Gladiator is for fun and to fulfill my urge to mod vehicles. Decisions decisions....

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I’m having such a difficult time deciding which way to go. 2.5 or 3.5, and this Ride Right or the complete Overland kit...??? If I’m honest with myself, I won’t be doing any extreme rock crawling and mainly just want a big bass ass Jeep to take on the occasional fire road and haul my fishing kayak around. I have another vehicle for my daily, so this Gladiator is for fun and to fulfill my urge to mod vehicles. Decisions decisions....
defintely in the same boat, but I’m leaning towards the 3.5 Overland Plus. Just want to get the best, with the first go around and don’t want to add additional components later... from what I am gathering for others, the Clayton lifts are underrated and are bit higher than stated ( more bang for the buck), which Im totally fine with. I’ll be going 37 inch tires which looks more ideal on a 3.5...

another question I have is, I will be towing a 21ft Travel Trailer and at 3.5 lift with 37’s... is it okay. I’m sure the 2.5 would be better but still want more of the “bad ass look” too.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It really just comes down to what you want out of your vehicle! The Ride Right kit is primarily suggested for somebody who doesn't plan on or thinks they are going to be doing any off-roading and just offers the best solution on the market to be able to lift your Jeep properly and fit some larger wheels and tires without compromising ride quality. The Overland kit offers the same benefits but with the addition of also being a fully capable off-road rig, so this is your daily driver/weekend warrior style kit and is truly a best of both world option!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
defintely in the same boat, but I’m leaning towards the 3.5 Overland Plus. Just want to get the best, with the first go around and don’t want to add additional components later... from what I am gathering for others, the Clayton lifts are underrated and are bit higher than stated ( more bang for the buck), which Im totally fine with. I’ll be going 37 inch tires which looks more ideal on a 3.5...

another question I have is, I will be towing a 21ft Travel Trailer and at 3.5 lift with 37’s... is it okay. I’m sure the 2.5 would be better but still want more of the “bad ass look” too.
Kits are slightly under-advertised in order to compensate for any heavy accessories and of course so that you guys can rest assured you're getting the amount of lift you're paying for! Expect the kits to sit about a 1/2" over advertised on Rubicon model Jeeps and about 3/4" higher on Sport/Sahara trim levels!

You shouldn't have a problem towing with either the 2.5" or 3.5" kits as both kits maintain some of the factory rake and we are of course improving and increasing the strength and quality of the coil springs than that of which is used from factory!

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Do you carry the Falcon with the Computer adjustment also? Looking into the 2.5" overland with those shocks .. 35" max on the tires (I think).. So close to black fri and so many decisions lol.
2021 Diesel Gladiator ..

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do you carry the Falcon with the Computer adjustment also? Looking into the 2.5" overland with those shocks .. 35" max on the tires (I think).. So close to black fri and so many decisions lol.
2021 Diesel Gladiator ..
We do sell them! However they're actually a made-to-order part from Falcon so although you can buy it from us in conjunction with our kit, we'd be placing your order with them to be built.
Sponsored