Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Clayton Off Road does the 2.5" overland plus kit come with a level stance or does it maintain a rake?
Also for Clayton or anyone else... has anyone noticed a need to get front coil spring isolaters like RockJocks to put in the perch and help with bowing, or do the Clayton springs not bow?
All of our kits, except for the leveling kit of course, leave about 3/4" of rake. So most of the factory rake is removed, but just enough is left to make sure you don't lose any of the functionality of the vehicle. All springs bow slightly as that is just the nature of springs themselves but no our springs do not have any sort of excessive bowing issues you need to worry about. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Will the stock shocks on a Willys be useable with this lift kit ? I assume it will limit travel a bit. Is there an option for disconnect-able sway bar end links ?
Stock shocks are not recommended as they will start to act more like limiting straps and negatively affect ride quality. Shock extensions are an option, however, this is more of a temporary solution and we always recommend new shocks designed for lifted vehicles for best results! We do also sell JKS disconnects if you're looking to add those to your kit!

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Will there be a Mojave specific lift at some point? I just ordered one and I'd rather not have to piece mail a kit together. Something engineered specifically for that application appeals to me.

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Will there be a Mojave specific lift at some point? I just ordered one and I'd rather not have to piece mail a kit together. Something engineered specifically for that application appeals to me.
There are actually no differences suspension-wise on the Mojave that need to be made, so any kit will fit the JT Mojave the same as any other JT. The only difference is that that shock bolts are slightly larger, so you either need to buy shocks made for the Mojave or be prepared to drill out the shock mount to fit the larger bolt size. A lot of Mojave owners choose to keep their factory shocks when installing a new lift, which is actually the reason why you see some Mojave-specific kits coming to the market, but the only difference between those and a normal kit is that the Mojave kit comes with shock extensions. Hopefully that helps but feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions! (203) 691 8593.

Last edited:

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There are actually no differences suspension-wise on the Mojave that need to be made, so any kit will fit the JT Mojave the same as any other JT. The only difference is that that shock bolts are slightly larger, so you either need to buy shocks made for the Mojave or be prepared to drill out the shock mount to fit the larger bolt size. A lot of Mojave owners choose to keep their factory shocks when installing a new lift, which is actually the reason why you see some Mojave-specific kits coming to the market, but the only difference between those and a normal kit is that the Mojave kit comes with shock extensions. Hopefully, that makes sense but feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions! (203) 691 8593.
Thank you for the response and your time. I will definitely call before I order. I definitely plan on retaining the Mojave shocks

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
You just bought a Mojave. If you want a lift cancel and get a different trim. What makes the Mojave expensive is the super nice Fox shocks on the ride. If you do a lift you’re tossing those. As Clayton said, shock extensions are an option and some are using them but it’s not ideal and not a true long term solution. Plus the shock extensions only move the shocks up higher to “lift” the Jeep appearance wise. There is no true lift or benefit to be had because your limited by the length still of the factory shock.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You just bought a Mojave. If you want a lift cancel and get a different trim. What makes the Mojave expensive is the super nice Fox shocks on the ride. If you do a lift you’re tossing those. As Clayton said, shock extensions are an option and some are using them but it’s not ideal and not a true long term solution. Plus the shock extensions only move the shocks up higher to “lift” the Jeep appearance wise. There is no true lift or benefit to be had because your limited by the length still of the factory shock.
Ah no, I will not be tossing those nice Fox shocks, hence the reason I asked about a Mojave specific kit to retain them

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Ah no, I will not be tossing those nice Fox shocks, hence the reason I asked about a Mojave specific kit to retain them
Point is though, there is no real lift otherwise because you have shocks that are for a 1” lift already. Extensions is your only option and it will remove that sweet riding Mojave suspension already setup for ya!

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Point is though, there is no real lift otherwise because you have shocks that are for a 1” lift already. Extensions is your only option and it will remove that sweet riding Mojave suspension already setup for ya!
Being the aftermarket has a tendency to cater to all Jeep platforms or trim levels......I just wanna buy, install, align and be done. That's all I was getting at.

jwolfejt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Stock shocks are not recommended as they will start to act more like limiting straps and negatively affect ride quality. Shock extensions are an option, however, this is more of a temporary solution and we always recommend new shocks designed for lifted vehicles for best results! We do also sell JKS disconnects if you're looking to add those to your kit!
I am thinking I need more of a consultation - i am just trying to clear 35's without rubbing under full articulation - something that will be performant - allow the ability for swaybar disconnects and articulate well - but still be daily drivable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I am thinking I need more of a consultation - i am just trying to clear 35's without rubbing under full articulation - something that will be performant - allow the ability for swaybar disconnects and articulate well - but still be daily drivable.
Feel free to give us a call! (203) 691 8593

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Being the aftermarket has a tendency to cater to all Jeep platforms or trim levels......I just wanna buy, install, align and be done. That's all I was getting at.
Most Mojave customers go with the shock extensions, and if you don't care too much about gaining additional travel this option works great.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
With the 2.5” kit leaving just a slight (3/4?) rake, how is that accomplished? 2.5” springs front and rear, is the rear spring slightly less than a 2.5” lift or is the front spring slightly higher than a 2.5” lift?

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
With the 2.5” kit leaving just a slight (3/4?) rake, how is that accomplished? 2.5” springs front and rear, is the rear spring slightly less than a 2.5” lift or is the front spring slightly higher than a 2.5” lift?
@Clayton Off Road

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The front spring provides slightly more lift! You should be left with about 3/4" to 1" of rake after install.
Sponsored