Cleaning cloth seats?

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
What is the best way to clean my cloth seats? Are there any tips or tricks? Thanks as always!
Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I use the shop vac to get the dust and grit off first then use the wife “little green machine” carpet spot cleaner for any tougher spots or stains

OP
OP
Yellow1098

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Thanks! Ya I’ll have find a cheapy type of machine like that

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
This is the one we have. They’re $110 on Amazon but anything like it would probably work. Search for portable upholstery cleaner and see what ya find. Handy tool to have for spot cleaning spills on the carpet or furniture and works good for cloth seats or carpeting in the cars too.
2D8F52E6-6665-47B2-9B68-33D2B7A27766.png

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I use the shop vac to get the dust and grit off first then use the wife “little green machine” carpet spot cleaner for any tougher spots or stains
+1 for the little green machine, have used it on the wife's Mitsu Outlander Sport cloth seats with great success

Sponsored

cherch

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Good idea on the green machine. I just bought a Gladiator Sport S Bright White with cloth seats. First thing I did was add seat covers!

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
I always have my cloth interiors treated with fabric and carpet protector (ie: scotchgard). Very affordable to do this yourself, something I will do on my first day ownership when the clear is perfectly clean. I use about 3 10oz cans to cover a SUV style vehicle, 2 cans in a sedan. In my experience, this makes cleanup much easier, liquid spills collect and sit on top of the fabric and fine material like dog hair (my biggest problem) and crums can be extracted much easier.

For general maintenance I use a Dyson cordless V8 animal vacuum for general cleanup and then Blue Coral upholstery cleaner on stains and for odor removal. My dogs tend to shed and the fur really tends to get stuck in the seat fabric, so even with all these tricks is can still take a while to get it clean again.

marrymaid12

First Name
Marry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Occupation
HR manager
You don't need to take your vehicle to get point by point to get perfect fabric seats. You can without much of a stretch clean material seats yourself. To clean the seats, vacuum the seats, utilize a light layer of cleaning arrangement, utilize a brush to scour the stain, and afterward wipe away the abundance water and bubbles with a towel.

Vacuum the seats. Before you clean your material seats, Marymaid Luxury Cleaning Services to evacuate all trash, earth, and scraps. Vacuum the seats well. Make a point to get into the creases. Utilize your fingers to isolate the creases and stick the spout of the vacuum into the creases to expel any free trash

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on the blue coral cleaner. I have used that on cloth interior with great success. Seats, headliner, carpet. Has worked great with coming afterwards with the shop vac. Also, seat covers are great too, the nice ones are certainly worth the money. You could even go leather from Katskinz but that can be expensive.
Sponsored