Sponsored

Cleaning up ARB harness

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have an arb twin installed on my glady. Installation was easy enough but the switch harness wiring is incredibly messy with the air locker portions going unused. My question is if it is safe to remove the air locker portion of the harness?(dumb question Im sure, but I'm not very savvy in wiring)
Sponsored

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I have the ARB single lung compressor that came with the harness including air locker solenoid wiring. I removed what I didn’t want/need and this cleaned up the harness. Now I just have the on/off switch, relay and pressure switch.

OP
OP
glassjawkid32

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have the ARB single lung compressor that came with the harness including air locker solenoid wiring. I removed what I didn’t want/need and this cleaned up the harness. Now I just have the on/off switch, relay and pressure switch.
Did you just depin those words or cut and seal?

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
It was a while back, as I remember, there was no depinning, totally unwrap the harness, remove unused solenoid wires, then retape the harness. Where the unused wires were removed I cut the harness, soldered then heat shrinked the remaining connection. I will see if I can find the information I had for this. If I find the info I will post. It was a simple schematic. I just used the schematic that came with the compressor to determine which wires to remove.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Can anyone tell me how long the harness is. If I were to install in rear of bed how far would the harness reach the engine compartment or would I have to extend?

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Last edited:

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Can anyone tell me how long the harness is. If I were to install in rear of bed how far would the harness reach the engine compartment or would I have to extend?
Make sure you upgrade your wire size for that long of a run. I just ordered some 8 ga wire as my dual compressor will also be in the bed. But that's probably pushing 22' of wire. At 25a for each compressor (max draw they say is 50 amp total draw, 25 for each compressor), with a safety margin. So a total of 4 wires at 8 ga to be safe....
Sponsored