Sponsored

Clearance needed for 37s? (measurement ?, not will it fit)

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have searched and found quite a few threads about will 37s fit on a stock Rubicon. From that, the answer is yes but...articulation and wheel spacing and this and that. To keep the question more simple let's ignore the wheel spacing aspect and all the other very specific cases. I have a Sport with Rubicon suspension take-offs and 1.5" front spacer and 3/4" rear spacer. I have an aftermarket front bumper so heavier than the factory and a winch to come soon. I will be going to new wheels and aftermarket flat fenders, front and rear prior to new tires. (https://www.extremeterrain.com/barr...nder-flares-led-drl-marker-lights-jg1347.html) I do not rock crawl or extreme off-road. My use is camping, two-track roads, backcountry forest firebreaks/roads, or think stock Rubicon capable locations. I would prefer not to add a lift and that is the reason for the question.

With all of that my question is... How much distance is needed between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender for 37s to not break the fender or cause any other issues?
Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Reasonable question. Not sure I can come up with an answer. There are a lot of variables that change the math/geometry that we can’t really ignore - bump stops, which fender flares, connected or disconnected sway bar and angles due to wheel backspace and finally how much contact/ rub you are willing to tolerate. I’m running 37x12.50 on stock wheels and a 1.5” Teraflex leveling kit up front. I did not use the bump stop extensions and so far the tires just kiss the flares on flex when disconnected.

OP
OP
gerky18

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Reasonable question. Not sure I can come up with an answer. There are a lot of variables that change the math/geometry that we can’t really ignore - bump stops, which fender flares, connected or disconnected sway bar and angles due to wheel backspace and finally how much contact/ rub you are willing to tolerate. I’m running 37x12.50 on stock wheels and a 1.5” Teraflex leveling kit up front. I did not use the bump stop extensions and so far the tires just kiss the flares on flex when disconnected.

Thanks for the response and video. That helps a lot to give a better idea of what I will be looking at. It seems with different wheels and fenders I should be ok. I am still a little ways off before buying anything but that is a great start to knowing what to get.
Sponsored