Clicking noise from front end

sbbita

First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator sport
Gladiator Sport S with 2.5in lift. At slow speed I have a clicking noise from my front end. Most of the time you only hear and feel it at a crawl like when you let the clutch out in first gear and let it crawl on its own. but some times I can feel it when Im slowing down to a stop. It isnt a overly loud click but more of a feel through the floor and steering wheel. I jacked it up and checked for play in in the front. The only thing I can find is if you rotate the drivers side front wheel there is about two or three clicks with every revolution of the wheel. Has anybody had this problem ? I have an appointment scheduled for two weeks from now at a dealer but I didnt buy it from them so who knows how it will go.
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Gladiator Sport S with 2.5in lift. At slow speed I have a clicking noise from my front end. Most of the time you only hear and feel it at a crawl like when you let the clutch out in first gear and let it crawl on its own. but some times I can feel it when Im slowing down to a stop. It isnt a overly loud click but more of a feel through the floor and steering wheel. I jacked it up and checked for play in in the front. The only thing I can find is if you rotate the drivers side front wheel there is about two or three clicks with every revolution of the wheel. Has anybody had this problem ? I have an appointment scheduled for two weeks from now at a dealer but I didnt buy it from them so who knows how it will go.
Check your lug nuts, you may need to torque them, especially if you've had them off recently.

OP
OP

sbbita

First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator sport
Check your lug nuts, you may need to torque them, especially if you've had them off recently.
I did , not the lug nuts.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Check your tires. I have had stuck gravel and metal objects like a screw and nails that protrude just enough to make a clicking sound at low speed.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Adam,
Please feel free to update us throughout your dealer visit. We're available via PM if additional assistance is needed.
Alex
JeepCares

Sponsored

OP
OP

sbbita

First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator sport

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Why cant i upload a video of this? Keep saying I do not have a legal extension or something like that
I do not think forum hosts video content, just picture content. You have to remote host and link the video content for it to show here.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
That is weird. Does it do it going the other way? Almost like something is building up to a crescendo and dropping off.

From that debris slinger back on the drive axle shaft, it is just a seal right behind it and a plastic spacer that should be floating. I am wondering if the sound is traveling from the center pumpkin down the LH drive axle tube like maybe one of the spider gears for the left side has slop?

I would try it in 4WD and see what happens.

OP
OP

sbbita

First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator sport
I have not had it in 4wd yet, I dont even know if it works LOL

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE 2018 JLUR
I’d agree with the previous comment. It sounds like the noise is coming from the pumpkin. Almost like the differential is only partially disengaged from 4wd lock.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Without the transfer case engaged, the driver’s side axle shaft spins in the direction of travel. The driveshaft remains stationary, and the inner passenger side axle shaft rotates in the opposite direction. I’m wondering if it’s the front axle disconnect coupling rubbing against one of the passenger side axle shafts while engaged with the other. Essentially, a partially disengaged FAD.

OP
OP

sbbita

First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator sport
Just got the call from the dealer. Spider gears in the front axle are loose. Bad news is that parts are not available till somtime in March.

Gladmiker

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Gladiator Sport S with 2.5in lift. At slow speed I have a clicking noise from my front end. Most of the time you only hear and feel it at a crawl like when you let the clutch out in first gear and let it crawl on its own. but some times I can feel it when Im slowing down to a stop. It isnt a overly loud click but more of a feel through the floor and steering wheel. I jacked it up and checked for play in in the front. The only thing I can find is if you rotate the drivers side front wheel there is about two or three clicks with
Hello, not sure if problems been solved yet? But I’d it try to see if the ball joint are tightened to spec. The bolts on the ball joint can be loose. Best of luck.

Reactions: rms

rms

First Name
rms
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Yeah, I'm listening, too. Got a 2021 80th anniversary with less than 5k miles, and I have a clicking at low speeds and turning. Particularly when backing up and turning left, but other times too when going slow. I have an appt with the dealer service dept in a week.

rms

First Name
rms
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Ball joints. That was it. Not torqued to spec.
Sponsored