Climate Control is Posessed!

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
My Sport S has the base heat/air system. Sometimes—and for no reason—the system comes on and has a mind of its own. The lights come on (even though the system is not on!), the system blows air (mostly hot), and the controls do not function—so I cannot turn it off. It does not usually last long. This does not seem normal. Has anyone else had this experience?
Sponsored

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Try hitting the recirc button. I'd guess it's the high pressure air at the base of the windshield while driving forcing air through the system including the heater core. I haven't noticed it in the Jeep yet (almost always keep it on 70/auto) but I've had multiple other vehicles that do it.

OP
OP
Punknhead

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. That makes sense and I have had cars do that before. This is something else. This happens when I am sitting still—in the garage before I even pull out. And when it happens I have no control of anything with the heat/air. Gotta be an electronic/computer issue. Happened again today at Home Depot. Came out—started the Jeep—and the defrost blasted hot air and I could not turn it off! And the ac was on and set to cold. I have to find time to get it to the dealer.

Jeep Rigg

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT-RU Sting Gray, 2014 Toyota 4-Runner
Thanks. That makes sense and I have had cars do that before. This is something else. This happens when I am sitting still—in the garage before I even pull out. And when it happens I have no control of anything with the heat/air. Gotta be an electronic/computer issue. Happened again today at Home Depot. Came out—started the Jeep—and the defrost blasted hot air and I could not turn it off! And the ac was on and set to cold. I have to find time to get it to the dealer.
Greg,
Did the dealership find a fix for this? I recently had my JT in for 2 weeks for them to not find a fix. The driver side blows burning hot air until I dial it all the way down to LOW, then I get freezing cold air. They replaced sensors, modules and said FCA had no other cases of this. They got it to work, kinda, by putting it in SYNC mode, but I usually do not use SYNC mode, so when I picked it up after 2 weeks and them saying it was fixed, I clicked SYNC off and it started to do the same thing as it did before I took it to them. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Punknhead

Punknhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Greg,
Did the dealership find a fix for this? I recently had my JT in for 2 weeks for them to not find a fix. The driver side blows burning hot air until I dial it all the way down to LOW, then I get freezing cold air. They replaced sensors, modules and said FCA had no other cases of this. They got it to work, kinda, by putting it in SYNC mode, but I usually do not use SYNC mode, so when I picked it up after 2 weeks and them saying it was fixed, I clicked SYNC off and it started to do the same thing as it did before I took it to them. Any help would be appreciated.
They said they replaced the entire system. I’m guessing that means the part in the dash where the controls are—nothing under the hood. It took care of the issue. I have the most basic heater/ac in my Sport S—not sure I even have a “sync” button. Not sure if that helps you—good luck.
Sponsored