First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
So we got out and played a little at AOP in South Pittsburgh TN (near Chattanooga) yesterday. It had been raining so it was a little sloppy. About half our group had to be winched up the hill. The JT handled it like a boss!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Like a boss! :like:
Thanks. I was so impressed with the capabilities of my truck. Most of the group had to winch up 3 different obstacles. I powered up all of them. What a fun day we had.

Sponsored

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I know that area around South Pittsburg and you sure do have some hills around there. Good test and thanks for the video.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Thanks. I was so impressed with the capabilities of my truck. Most of the group had to winch up 3 different obstacles. I powered up all of them. What a fun day we had.
Nice, nothing like a Jeep!

Where you in 4Low or 4High? If you have it, did you put it in off-road +?

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Thanks for the vid and notes, I have a mostly stock Willys myself, and have had it in some spots but nothing real difficult. Waiting to get the lift and 35's on before I go for anything like this and end up tearing up various things. Im going with the Trail Grapplers so they will love this crap. Right now Firestone Destinations MTs, and I have had it in similar conditions without a lot of the larger rock ledges. The truck does surprise me sometimes, only had it in 4Lo one time, rest of the time it handled this kind of terrain in 4Hi. Mine is the diesel, so more torque for given gear selection

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Nice, nothing like a Jeep!

Where you in 4Low or 4High? If you have it, did you put it in off-road +?
I was in 4 LO. It's a Willys so no offroad + . everyone was asking if I have lockers, which I don't. Wish I did but the LSD did great!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thanks for the vid and notes, I have a mostly stock Willys myself, and have had it in some spots but nothing real difficult. Waiting to get the lift and 35's on before I go for anything like this and end up tearing up various things. Im going with the Trail Grapplers so they will love this crap. Right now Firestone Destinations MTs, and I have had it in similar conditions without a lot of the larger rock ledges. The truck does surprise me sometimes, only had it in 4Lo one time, rest of the time it handled this kind of terrain in 4Hi. Mine is the diesel, so more torque for given gear selection
You'll love the lift and tires once they're installed. Skids are in my near future though. I don't like scraping and not knowing exactly which part is being abused. Generally have a good idea but sometimes it's easy to miss seeing a Boulder or drop off. Gotta protect those diffs and shock mounts!!

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Good thing you didn't get the Rubicon package!

Not having lockers is my only regret about not having a rubicon. Hopefully the LSD will serve my purposes just as good. If not I can always add them. $$$

OP
OP
JTenn

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Nice, adding those to my short list for the next set.
You won't be disappointed. My wife's JT has General Grabber X3's and man what a tire!! Those are the real deal. Wish I had them on mine but I bought my tires first. I can't complain about the Nitto's at all though. They have done all I've asked and they're quiet on the road.

20220723_155612.jpg

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Good thing you didn't get the Rubicon package!

My Rubi has pulled several vehicles, some larger than it is out of sand, rough terrain and mostly stupidity.....
Sponsored