Sponsored

Clock not keeping time

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
anyone else having this issue? Twice now my clock has not been correct.. had to reset it...
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What radio you have? The 7.0 and 8.4 radios have a "Sync With Gps" setting.

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I have had this issue twice as well. To me it seems like a ground issue In the radios wiring. I noticed it kept resetting then one day as I drove it made a small pop noise and screen went out then back on. I will probably have to take it back to the dealer but I doubt they will find it this first shot.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Take a picture with time set correctly and a time stamp on the photo... then do the same when it goes ouT of sync so you can show the dealer.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
anyone else having this issue? Twice now my clock has not been correct.. had to reset it...
I have had this issue twice as well. To me it seems like a ground issue In the radios wiring. I noticed it kept resetting then one day as I drove it made a small pop noise and screen went out then back on. I will probably have to take it back to the dealer but I doubt they will find it this first shot.
Hi Rocksalt and Cape taco12,
We understand why this may be frustrating. If you decide to visit your dealers, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to add assistance to your visit if needed!
Alex
Jeep Cares

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have the cheapo radio... no gps .. no satellite
Like how much time are we talking about here? Many consumer electronic clocks use a crystal oscillator with a +/- 0.02% tolerance. That can be a +/- 8 minutes swing in a given month. Most are not on the extreme ends of tolerance but it would be interesting on what FCA repair data gives on allowable tolerance of their clock radio.

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like how much time are we talking about here? Many consumer electronic clocks use a crystal oscillator with a +/- 0.02% tolerance. That can be a +/- 8 minutes swing in a given month. Most are not on the extreme ends of tolerance but it would be interesting on what FCA repair data gives on allowable tolerance of their clock radio.
Half hour

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes! I too heard a loud pop on the second time

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I can't speak to the gladiator as I have the large screen with the autosync clock but my JK would loose well over 10 minutes a month and the dealership was never able to resolve the issue from day 1 all the way to year 9. Do we have clocks on everything these days? Yes we do but when your dash is displaying wrong info you tend to be late for things. I feel your frustration.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't speak to the gladiator as I have the large screen with the autosync clock but my JK would loose well over 10 minutes a month and the dealership was never able to resolve the issue from day 1 all the way to year 9. Do we have clocks on everything these days? Yes we do but when your dash is displaying wrong info you tend to be late for things. I feel your frustration.
Yeah..not a huge issue but makes me wonder.. as all these electronics seem to be connected... BTW my 2016 JKU never had a time issue

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
This happens all the time in my JKU. Its a 2015 and just hit 66k miles. Never had battery issues. Its just Uconnect, its been shite since the beginning. Mine even resets every now and then and I have to change all the eq settings and reprogram my saved channels on FM

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This happens all the time in my JKU. Its a 2015 and just hit 66k miles. Never had battery issues. Its just Uconnect, its been shite since the beginning. Mine even resets every now and then and I have to change all the eq settings and reprogram my saved channels on FM
Like I said, it never happened with my 2016 JKU, so I am hoping it is not a part of a larger electronic issue to come

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
Just experienced this yesterday. Started the vehicle, radio booted up and heard a loud single pop and then it rebooted. I didn't notice if that's what reset my clock right away because I was too busy rolling my eyes in a "great, ANOTHER issue" mannor. Last night a lot of wind and rain came through my area and my house lost power and all my clocks were reset, and I remember specifically thinking "well at least my phone and Jeep don't need to be reset". Then upon starting the truck and glancing at the time, I noticed it was off by roughly 16 hours. So after thinking I was losing my mind for my entire ride to work, debating with myself if somehow these over-engineered pieces of junk DO actually somehow lose track of time based on power outages in the area (I was thinking along the lines of how phones keep track and never need to be set)....I decided that would be ridiculous and there must have just been a coincidence with my neighborhood power outage and the truck messing up. Was quite an amusing debate at 5am this morning though. If you could only hear the argument going on in my head....hahahaha

Maximus Meridius

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S , 2018 Jeep Compass, 2016 WRX
I have the small screen, no satellite, no gps radio. It looses 3 minutes a week, every week since July. Dealer says there is nothing they can do. One night out of the clear blue it lost over 2 hours. That only happened once. The three minutes isnā€™t terrible just annoying. I reset it every Monday on the way to work.
Sponsored