First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 C10, 14 Cooper S, Soon: Gladiator
Occupation
IT Guy
Browsing on Jalopnik this popped up, pretty neat to see the differences between the JL and Gladiator under the skin! Didn't realize all the differences, pretty neat to see side by side comparisons of the two!

Edit: I did notice the header of the bed is a Jeep logo! I am sure there are more easter eggs to be found but 2 so far I know of. This and the <3 419

https://jalopnik.com/heres-a-close-look-at-some-of-the-2020-jeep-gladiators-1830765350
Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Awesome shots of the dirty bits we haven't seen too much of. Nice to see the rear bed sliders are frame mounted on the Rubicon.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Looks like all the welds are good :)
I wonder since the JT frame is different from the JL, will it be produced on another assembly line? From what I read (don't know to be a fact) the JL frame/chassis is manufactured by Hyundai Mobis along with many other FCA models (which do not seem to have the same weld issues). I definitely plan to crawl under the JT if it's at the Fort Worth show next weekend and check out the welds. I do not expect this to be an issue.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
I wonder since the JT frame is different from the JL, will it be produced on another assembly line? From what I read (don't know to be a fact) the JL frame/chassis is manufactured by Hyundai Mobis along with many other FCA models (which do not seem to have the same weld issues). I definitely plan to crawl under the JT if it's at the Fort Worth show next weekend and check out the welds. I do not expect this to be an issue.

Have you heard yay or nay if it's gonna be in Fort Worth? If so, I'm driving the hour and a half there to see it lol.

Sponsored

WranglerWillys

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1945 Willy's MB

The JL frame is made by Tower. Assembled by MOBIS.

The JT frame isn't made by Tower. Assembled by MOBIS.

:rock:

IDjeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangle JK Sport
The JL frame is made by Tower. Assembled by MOBIS.

The JT frame isn't made by Tower. Assembled by MOBIS.

:rock:
Good news, I doubt these display models are really representative of the assembly line at full speed and capacity. But perhaps at full capacity won’t have the issues experienced by (from my basic understanding) poor programming of the robotic welders

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
From seeing it in person, rear bed rock sliders are too short. Still possible to catch the area between the tire and slider. It should be another 6" longer IMHO.
Great input. Looks like something the aftermarket will improve upon.

Sponsored

WranglerWillys

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1945 Willy's MB
Good news, I doubt these display models are really representative of the assembly line at full speed and capacity. But perhaps at full capacity won’t have the issues experienced by (from my basic understanding) poor programming of the robotic welders

It's basic maintenance. Every sub component has variance and everyone of those builds stack up tolerance. It's a humans job to notify when welds get crappy and stop, reteach/verify quality. Then it's also a humans job to repair/scrap items before it gets out the door.

IMO, welds should get better over time, not crappier as people train/learn.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably was less poor programming and more somebody from production reloading an incorrect backup or fiddling with things they shouldn't. The bane of my existence as an engineer that works with robots and industrial automation. :headbang:

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's basic maintenance. Every sub component has variance and everyone of those builds stack up tolerance. It's a humans job to notify when welds get crappy and stop, reteach/verify quality. Then it's also a humans job to repair/scrap items before it gets out the door.

You would think so. You really would.

People trust robots/automation too damned much sometimes. That, and as much as you can idiot proof something they just keep coming up with new and better idiots.

I don't know what the auto industry's QA procedures are, but I work in an industry that has probably some of the most strict QA practices anywhere (pharma) and shit still happens. So I can't really fault Jeep that bad.

IDjeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangle JK Sport

Good point and hopefully that will be the case as they learn the QA that is needed to keep things going and high quality

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That's what I figured; A proper trailer hitch receiver that bolts to both frame rails, instead of only bolting to a crossmember like JL. That's one huge reason JL is rated so low.
Sponsored