Cloth seat versions - rear seat arm rest

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Have searched through this forum and on the Jeep site and can not find anything that confirms if you do or do not get a folding rear seat arm rest on cloth versions. And someone just posted pictures of the brochure that a few people now have(Thanks for that.) I looked at the brochure and it does not say anything about that. Does anyone know for certain about this? Has anyone seen any cloth seat versions at any of the shows? I know that may only come when you get leather as some have speculated. I would prefer to get cloth seats on an Overland model but would also like to have a rear armrest. Would like to think that you would get a rear armrest when paying more money for an Overland model. Would like to think that you don’t have to pay extra for leather or for a Rubicon just to get a rear armrest.

Love to know if anyone knows for certain about this and if anyone has seen a cloth seat version at one of the shows. Back seat cloth pictures from such shows would be greatly appreciated. And Happy New Year everyone.
Sponsored

Warbirds

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater trucks and fast motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Do you know what the rear seat of a JLU with cloth looks like? It’s probably a good guess it would be the same.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
See pics. Cloth did not have armrest. I have attached a leather pic as well. I will say the seats may not be exactly the same as the JL seat does not fold up, so there may be other changes or the Sport S trim may have better cloth. The little tab under the headrest on the leather trim is a giveaway for the armrest. Also, traditionally the preproduction interiors on auto show cars and cars for early reviews typically do not have exactly the same features as the production models. For instance there are several differences between the auto show and media event Rangers and the production Ranger showing up in dealerships. But OMG I truly appreciate the fold down rear seat and rear legroom after sitting in the other midsize trucks.

B883F24F-9D52-46D8-A3D0-29AF21EC54C6.jpeg

521C743B-3648-46F6-8C3F-165EF8BD49ED.jpeg

DBEDEC2A-C301-4EAE-BF54-2E1B10787AAF.jpeg

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I prefer leather myself. I had a RAM with cloth and hated it. I would take leather over cloth seats any day. Just my opinion.

First Name
Trace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
I'd prefer leather, but it looks like those of us who want full tow capacity will be stuck with the lower trim options of the Sport models...

Last edited:

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
The seats on the Gladiator are noticeably different from the JL's... so its really a crap shoot at this point until we can get interior pictures of a clothie. I would argue that the new bucket design of the rear seats would lead towards both cloth and leather having the armrest cup holders, but they didn't do it on the JL so I wouldn't expect it.
Sponsored