First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
FF
Hey guys looking to swap out my stock intake. No it’s not the performance intake it’s the regular OEM intake. I’m coming up on 20,000 miles and it’s recommended to change the intake filter. But I thought maybe I will just purchase a cold air intake ( kind of like how it sounds as well lol) withy hat being said feel free to recommend me some brands. I know the ones that come stock are usually good because they are made to deal with terrain and be water resistant some what. Thanks guys
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mopar CAI. It is the only one I would recommend. It comes with a washable filter, and retains the ability to use the OEM filter cartridge. The CAI offers no measurable performance gains, but it does change the sound coming from the engine compartment.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I run the Mopar CAI as well. I use it with the stock filter and no cutout in the hood. It adds a little intake noise and gives the engine a little more character. That's the only reason I bought it, and that's all it does. Plus, although the packaging says something like "for offroad use only", I am not worried about any possible impact on warranty because it is a Mopar part and it uses the factory stock air filter.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I originally installed the volant with powercore filter. It added a little sound. The filter will last the life of the vehicle.

But then I saw the AFE momentum and liked how it looked more factory. So I swapped it and installed it with a pre filter. Not too loud for the kids.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So, looking for a different sound, a bit of growl?
The MOPAR unit will do just what all of the others do, and because it's MOPAR, it won't have any negative impact on anything, and if something goes goofy (like what's to go wrong? It's a box, tube and filter) a dealer can take care of it and their labor would even be covered under the MOPAR performance parts warranty.

You didn't mention it so likely you aren't looking for a HP gain and that's good - because there won't be. Pretty much sound, and perhaps filtering for off-road conditions.

Pretty much what a couple of the others have said in relationship to the MOPAR kit - skip the hype of the others. Mostly marketing.
These aren't 1990s vehicles.

Timoleon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Tech
My Rubicon came with the Mopar CAI. I can tell you that it made all the difference in the world. I have also had a 21 Gladiator Overland without it. The difference:

Gladiator with CAI:

- 750 HP Increase!
- Turns corners at better than 3 g's of lateral force and stays firmly on the road.
- Goes from 0 to 100 Mph in less than .3 seconds.
- Allows me to ford the Atlantic ocean all the way to Greenland (on 1 tank of gas).
- Adds 2.5 inch lift and increased the size of my 33's to 40 inchers.
- and so many more benefits....

Gladiator without CAI:

- Causes you to pay more for registration and gas in specific localities.
- Makes you lose to Bronco's in drag races.
- limits your gas mileage to less than 10 mile per gallon
- Shrinks (actually makes them smaller) your tires to less than 25 inches.
- and so much more that I can't even list.

Short answer, get the CAI and just leave the empty box in the back of the truck and look cool.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well that explains why my insurance and license went up this year - no CAI.
My wife's 4xe Wrangler must have a cold air intake - it could trounce my Gladiator in the 1/8 mile. They are Jeeps so I'm sort of afraid of taking them much over 100 mph.

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Snake oil as far as performance goes.
Unless you can change the tune the computer will continue to regulate the air/fuel mix, and the stock cold air intake supplies vastly more air than the engine will ever use.

Want it to really sound cool and save money?

Akozon Air Turbonator, Car Air Intake Double Fan Turbine Charger Fuel Saver Turbo Charger(Red) https://a.co/d/2W2gKIa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Snake oil as far as performance goes.
Unless you can change the tune the computer will continue to regulate the air/fuel mix, and the stock cold air intake supplies vastly more air than the engine will ever use.

Want it to really sound cool and save money?

Akozon Air Turbonator, Car Air Intake Double Fan Turbine Charger Fuel Saver Turbo Charger(Red) https://a.co/d/2W2gKIa
Reading the text of that thing is a hoot. Obviously translated. I guess they also don't understand how the existing design introduces turbulence. These aren't 1960s slow burn designs.

This is a hoot -

• Work Principle : When the engine is normally started, the turbonator could take advantage of natural intake of the engine to drive the fan to rotate at a high speed. While rotating, a large amount of fresh air driven in engine is forced to produce eddy. Make rotating air mix with the fuel injected from the injector, make the air density in the intake hose is greatly increased. Then the mixture could cause big explosive force to enhances the power while burnning.

Where do they come up with this stuff?

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
IMO, the best thing you can do is keep the stock factory type air filter. That way, there is no question or debate about the filtration of air entering the engine. If all you are looking for is a little more noise, then you really can't beat using the Mopar CAI top filter housing and intake tube. The way I look at it is like this: it was designed by the same people who designed the factory intake, only they were told "don't worry about the noise". It's OEM quality because it is OEM, and as Timoleon mentioned, it was actually a factory option in the configuration I mentioned.

It's too bad that the pieces from the Mopar CAI can't be purchased separately, because it would make it quite a bit less expensive. Although I was able to sell the panel filter and hood duct from my kit to help recoup some of the cost of the Mopar CAI.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Reading the text of that thing is a hoot. Obviously translated. I guess they also don't understand how the existing design introduces turbulence. These aren't 1960s slow burn designs.

This is a hoot -

• Work Principle : When the engine is normally started, the turbonator could take advantage of natural intake of the engine to drive the fan to rotate at a high speed. While rotating, a large amount of fresh air driven in engine is forced to produce eddy. Make rotating air mix with the fuel injected from the injector, make the air density in the intake hose is greatly increased. Then the mixture could cause big explosive force to enhances the power while burnning.

Where do they come up with this stuff?
In theory it's no less goofy than the "roar" produced by an aftermarket plenum. Noise is energy lost somewhere.
Sponsored