First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Jeep Cherokee TH
Occupation
Respiratory Therapist
It looks like your engine bay was turned into a soup kitchen by Dirty Mike and the boys.

Sponsored

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
Occupation
Land Tours Manager, Jeep Tour Guide
I'm told dryer sheets work wonders. We're trying them at work, along with mothballs.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
I'm told dryer sheets work wonders. We're trying them at work, along with mothballs.
I’ve heard others claim this but I have two friends with RV’s who both say dryer sheets did nothing and they had damage even with prolific use of dryer sheets. They use peppermint oil (I think) now in cotton balls and placed in a breathable bag . Both say this seems to be working now for years and one of the guys keeps his RV on his lot on a mountain in Maine.

OP
OP
BigLizzard

BigLizzard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
I make people bigger brighter and louder
I just got home from my trip and literally less than a mile away from my home, my engine starts running rough, and I get a cylinder 5 mis fire code I think it was p0305 or something. I hope some critter didn't chew my wire.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mint oil or extract and water in a spray bottle and keep your motor minty fresh for the cold season. Should help discourage that from happening again.
Peppermint oil has worked for me in the past.
You need to keep it fresh, though. I refreshed it on the cotton balls every weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QVNKSA2

I’ve heard others claim this but I have two friends with RV’s who both say dryer sheets did nothing and they had damage even with prolific use of dryer sheets. They use peppermint oil (I think) now in cotton balls and placed in a breathable bag . Both say this seems to be working now for years and one of the guys keeps his RV on his lot on a mountain in Maine.
they use dryer sheets for nest materials and as welcome mats. Yes, I've seen them living among brand new dryer sheets in a camper I had. They literally nested on one.
I used half a box of moth balls - same results, no change.

You need this cat -

Jeep Gladiator Cold Critters 311023CALENDARphoto01

Sponsored

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Peppermint oil has worked for me in the past.
You need to keep it fresh, though. I refreshed it on the cotton balls every weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QVNKSA2

they use dryer sheets for nest materials and as welcome mats. Yes, I've seen them living among brand new dryer sheets in a camper I had. They literally nested on one.
I used half a box of moth balls - same results, no change.

You need this cat -

Jeep Gladiator Cold Critters 311023CALENDARphoto01
I know I read a story a while back about people buying "outside" wild cats for critter control. Folks raved about them. I forget the name they had for them but they basically live outside and are not really domesticated. Apparently they do a great job nuking the rodent population.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I know I read a story a while back about people buying "outside" wild cats for critter control. Folks raved about them. I forget the name they had for them but they basically live outside and are not really domesticated. Apparently they do a great job nuking the rodent population.
Feral......
Sponsored