First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Hey all, I remember this coming up awhile back and wasn't sure if it was a break in thing or just the way the 3.6 is, but I've noticed when I first start up the truck, it gives off a squeak (not sure how else to explain it) when the engine first starts. I thought it was a cold weather issue, but now that it's warming up, It's still happening at 50-60degree weather.

Anyone else have this? have they attributed it to anything other than just the way the engine is?
Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
My brother's JLUR has this, my JTR does not. Seems like some do this and some do not...doesn't seem like its a problem either way.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Mine too. It's something engaging, I assumed maybe it was the A/C compressor engaging on remote start. It will generally either kick on either defrost or a/c depending on the outside temperature. To be fair I've only started the vehicle from inside the cab once, and I don't remember if I heard it then. I always remote start when I'm walking up to the vehicle, no matter how close I am, just to get oil moving in the motor.

OP
OP
rvillano8188

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Mine too. It's something engaging, I assumed maybe it was the A/C compressor engaging on remote start. It will generally either kick on either defrost or a/c depending on the outside temperature. To be fair I've only started the vehicle from inside the cab once, and I don't remember if I heard it then. I always remote start when I'm walking up to the vehicle, no matter how close I am, just to get oil moving in the motor.
Hello my fellow financial services worker. Hope all is well with you during PPP-pocalypse.
Yea mine did the squeak while starting in the truck. Never thought to see if it did the same with no AC vs AC, or remote vs in vehicle.

It's such a miniscule squeak Im not worried, but it's an odd quirk of the engine.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Hello my fellow financial services worker. Hope all is well with you during PPP-pocalypse.
Yea mine did the squeak while starting in the truck. Never thought to see if it did the same with no AC vs AC, or remote vs in vehicle.

It's such a miniscule squeak Im not worried, but it's an odd quirk of the engine.
Ahh PPP, what a nightmare, we threw everything we had at processing those applications. I'm normally in International Trade and my whole staff got pulled to QC a ton of applications.
Sponsored