First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
If i use the build spreadsheet shouldnt it be pretty close to a dealer quote? Its off by $3k on MSRP, the dealer being higher. i have the options saved under the Willys tab on the attached sprdsht. Would someone look this over for me.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
i did a comparison of my window sticker. It was right on but Im not a willys owner

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
First glance -
  • They have included destination, which the spreadsheet does as a separate line-item below the MSRP
  • The model and package lines still look suspect to me. I bet they are including destination in there too somewhere
Destination (~$1500) x 2 equals your 3k difference, so I bet that's it. On a tiny laptop so kind of harder for me to dig deeper, but that's my take.

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
First glance -
  • They have included destination, which the spreadsheet does as a separate line-item below the MSRP
  • The model and package lines still look suspect to me. I bet they are including destination in there too somewhere
Destination (~$1500) x 2 equals your 3k difference, so I bet that's it. On a tiny laptop so kind of harder for me to dig deeper, but that's my take.
Yeah, maybe. Is the destination already built into the MSRP? I cant find a definative answer on that. Dealer sheet is showing the Willys as $34k and change, then the upcharge to make ut a Willys from a Sport, $6k and change, and that is $850 or so above what the Jeep website says. so theres another $2.5k in there somewhere. Is there a double charge on the options or something...

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Yeah, something doesn't make sense with that math. I think it has to do with the base price or $34,040? The same Jeep configured online is:

Jeep Gladiator Comparing MSRP from Dealer to the Forum Spreadsheet Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 8.19.16 PM

Sponsored

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I know, thats what im saying. So when they take off 6% or more its off MSRP or supposed to be invoice? Feel like im gettin the run around

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Feel like im gettin the run around
Sounds like you are. It's a discount from the invoice price that you want. Is this one of the forum-suggested dealers? You may have a hard time getting your local dealer to match.

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Yeah, maybe. Is the destination already built into the MSRP? I cant find a definative answer on that. Dealer sheet is showing the Willys as $34k and change, then the upcharge to make ut a Willys from a Sport, $6k and change, and that is $850 or so above what the Jeep website says. so theres another $2.5k in there somewhere. Is there a double charge on the options or something...
MRSP includes the destination charge of $1,495. Check the window sticker. It's a line item just like the base price or any added options except there is no dealer cost vs. list price. It's a flat rate.
No dealer is anywhere near 8% under invoice around my area unless you are including the national FCA cash back incentives and have a cash back code. Dealerships are trying to squeeze every possible dollar of profit from each unit because of the lack of inventory and high demand. They know if you walk out the door there are plenty of potential buyers that are willing pay invoice or greater, especially for lower tier Sport and Sport S's.

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Im still confusedabout this....so the MSRP listed has the destination built in, and if they list it again they are double dipping?

Mos_mango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
Only thing I have seen differently on my build sheet is price difference on base price. The Jeep.com build shows about $300 less than what my salesman's pricing for Sport S (Although my Window sticker and salesman pricing match so who knows). I will clarify with him later. However, he clearly states each item and invoice prices next to it. And the 4% under I am getting is on invoice price. Only thing that does not have invoice price is destination fee which is same for every build can't get discount on that.

Sponsored

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
The Jeep website factors in discounts and incentives. Usually $1500 for sport models (including Willys) and sometimes an additional $500 local discount. That happened on my own Willys I ordered and picked up last week. Click the icon beside your price on Jeep.com and you can see. Few decent dealerships are going to double dip on the destination fee, though I’ve seen it once to offset low online pricing.

HANNAMAN74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Gray JTRD
If you are in East Tennessee, or anywhere for that matter go with Daniel at Gupton Motors. 8% under invoice on orders plus any incentives at the time you take delivery. I ordered from him back in March, and am just waiting on delivery. Build your Jeep on the website, and just email him a copy of it. He will get you a price asap.

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I did, and price was several thou above the website build

JWGladiator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2020 BMW X7; 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I did, and price was several thou above the website build
Did you sit down with Daniel and go over the numbers with him? My guess is it's the incentives that he isn't including as those typically are factored in at time of delivery.

OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Did you sit down with Daniel and go over the numbers with him?
Not yet, sent build sheets w comments on what was wanted, came back about $2.6k higher. im about 2.5 hrs away so not easy to just drive over and have a chat...
Sponsored