Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500 Custom/Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
Good looking truck!
To be honest, I still like my Gladiator better though!!!
However, I hope that it turns out to be a great truck for those that buy it!

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Oh look, itā€™s almost a convertibleā€¦ right? They painted the roof black. Maybe theyā€™ll have a special edition with a vinyl hard top roofā€¦ Iā€™d have to buy one thenā€¦ šŸ˜‚ NOT

No, itā€™s not even close to a JT competitor, now Ford May soon have an answer to your competition threads very soon.

Until Toyota makes a convertible, doors off truck, IMOP it will NEVER BE COMPETITION for the Jeep JT. Thatā€™s just fact for ya.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
4:1 T-case?

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Diesel?!?

Sponsored

ecupip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep
Looks better than the tundra, but still not that great. Itā€™s a nice upgrade for all those diehard fans that only scream reliability lol

dajudge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2001Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Network/Server Admin
Someone should have taken away the designers pencil way before they did.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
You all know just because you own a vehicle from Brand A you don't HAVE to hate every vehicle from Brand B right? Or even if you do dislike certain things about it you don't have to hate every part of it to justify your dislike?

I don't consider the Tacoma competition because my primary interests in the gladiator were: manual, convertible, doorless. But there are tons of people who own gladiators who have never even taken a freedom panel off let alone a door. Hell my SIL has a Skytop JLU and she said she's only opened it twice in 3 years.

That being said, Toyota is balls deeps in the two tone aesthetic. Personally I and my wife (she owns a black over white rav4 xse) like it, but I have a sneaking suspicion it may be a trend. Like in 2038 you'll see memes on your brain implant chip about "how you know a car was made in the 20s" and it'll be black over white two tone.

While we're still in the midst of the two tone trend, I think the new Tacoma looks sexy. But with a stupid PRNDL transmission and a solid roof it's not moving my needle one bit.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
You all know just because you own a vehicle from Brand A you don't HAVE to hate every vehicle from Brand B right? Or even if you do dislike certain things about it you don't have to hate every part of it to justify your dislike?

I don't consider the Tacoma competition because my primary interests in the gladiator were: manual, convertible, doorless. But there are tons of people who own gladiators who have never even taken a freedom panel off let alone a door. Hell my SIL has a Skytop JLU and she said she's only opened it twice in 3 years.

That being said, Toyota is balls deeps in the two tone aesthetic. Personally I and my wife (she owns a black over white rav4 xse) like it, but I have a sneaking suspicion it may be a trend. Like in 2038 you'll see memes on your brain implant chip about "how you know a car was made in the 20s" and it'll be black over white two tone.

While we're still in the midst of the two tone trend, I think the new Tacoma looks sexy. But with a stupid PRNDL transmission and a solid roof it's not moving my needle one bit.
I had been a Toyota guy my whole life and actually traded in my pretty much brand new 2019 Tacoma for the 2020 Gladi I presently own.

Speaking from my actual experience, the Gladiator blows away the Tacoma in almost every respect. Weā€™ll see how it does longevity wise. Maybe the reliability wonā€™t be there compared to the Toyotas, but so far so good. . .
Sponsored