Sponsored

Complete Trailering & Towing Guide & Glossary

JT-S-Maxi-IND

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 1998 Pontiac Sunfire convertible
Occupation
Retired (Sales)
Here is a very detailed towing tutorial and glossary from Curt Manufacturing.

It is very detailed and complete and helped me determine if the Gladiator Sport S with max Tow could tow my boat safely. I've towed for years, but learned a lot about all the elements you need to understand beyond the trailer weight,

Take a look

https://www.curtmfg.com/understanding-towing

Your Towing Questions Answered
Towing is the link to your lifestyle. Understanding Towing offers helpful information to improve your experience and answer any questions you might have about towing.

It is CURT's goal, first and foremost, to give you the equipment you need to Bring It® on your next adventure. However, we also want to give you the know-how to Bring It® safely and confidently.
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I am old enough to remember the days where we would load up a 5000 lb trailer with no brakes and hook it to the bumper hitch of my dad's Econoline Ford van with an under powered 302 that could barely move the van itself down the road. My point is that the new technology is important but good ole common sense, which isn't as common as I wish it were, is just as much if not more important than all of the towing equipment you can buy.