Sponsored

Comprehensive Gladiator Bed Rack Matrix (work in process)

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
2-8-21 ETA: Spreadsheet updated to include suggestions...

In an effort to try to answer a lot questions in one place, I am in the process of creating a comprehensive matrix of all the Gladiator bed rack options available and their corresponding specs. I am in the process myself of evaluating rack options so I figured my research could help others. I will update the missing fields as I find them. Most of this info was gleaned from the webpages of each company. Some companies offer a lot of data while others offer very little beyond a basic description of the rack. Comments are welcome and appreciated. I guarantee there are mistakes and omissions. If I missed some racks (I'm sure I did) please comment below and I will get them added. I will work to fill in the unknowns as I gather more info from calling each company. I also included the Excel file as an attachment if anyone wants a copy.

Jeep Gladiator Comprehensive Gladiator Bed Rack Matrix (work in process) Rack Matrix rev 2
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

zxd9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Granite Crystal
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks for your efforts. This will be helpful

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
In an effort to try to answer a lot questions in one place, I am in the process of creating a comprehensive matrix of all the Gladiator bed rack options available and their corresponding specs. I am in the process myself of evaluating rack options so I figured my research could help others. I will update the missing fields as I find them. Most of this info was gleaned from the webpages of each company. Some companies offer a lot of data while others offer very little beyond a basic description of the rack. Comments are welcome and appreciated. I guarantee there are mistakes and omissions. If I missed some racks (I'm sure I did) please comment below and I will get them added. I will work to fill in the unknowns as I gather more info from calling each company. I also included the Excel file as an attachment if anyone wants a copy.

View attachment 132209
Thats was a good bit if data ya collected, outstanding!

Boogerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
This is fantastic. Really can't believe there aren't more options

Sponsored

Boogerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wondering if mounting to the bed if you don't have trail rails makes it less sturdy? My favorite is the Rebel off-road, then the JCR/ACE Engineering, then fishbone...

Fishbone is probably disqualified due to not listing dynamic weight capacity...

Rebel Offroad is a littttle pricier than I want to spend on a rack, think they nickel and dime you for things like coating which kinda ticks me off... And its harder to understand what you actually need with their setup...

So many choices...

Artec Industries also has a rack

OP
OP

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops

Boogerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought about that one, but it's more tonneau than rack and as such it would be hard to add the data points to the matrix and have them mean the same.
This is really the best thread I have come across on here... maybe just because I can't decide to do about a rack right now. I know I need to get one ordered soon so I can be setup for spring

txGlad

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
TX Semiconductors
This is a great list - thank you. I'd like to see the BillyBars added for comparison - half height rack. http://billiebars.com/

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
This is a great list - thank you. I'd like to see the BillyBars added for comparison - half height rack. http://billiebars.com/
You wouldn't happen to know the height of the uprights on their system would you? Didn't see that spec on their site, so thought I'd ask while I reach out to them.

I'm trying to find one that clears the bars at least 8" above the bed edge and will mount under my BAK X4 at the edges or to the t-slots that it has, and allows the hard cover to still roll fully up. All the ones I've come across so far aren't tall enough (most like 6") to allow easy roll-up.

Sponsored

Boogerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You wouldn't happen to know the height of the uprights on their system would you? Didn't see that spec on their site, so thought I'd ask while I reach out to them.

I'm trying to find one that clears the bars at least 8" above the bed edge and will mount under my BAK X4 at the edges or to the t-slots that it has, and allows the hard cover to still roll fully up. All the ones I've come across so far aren't tall enough (most like 6") to allow easy roll-up.
I think its only a few inches above the bed. Definitely not 8" probably more like 3"

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think its only a few inches above the bed. Definitely not 8" probably more like 3"
Ah ok, thanks. Yeah seems to be a common situation, I'm guessing due to flex and strength issues, but the search continues. I'm looking for something easier to remove and put back than the Max Modular 10"-18" setups so that I can haul tall things at will more quickly.

Boogerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah ok, thanks. Yeah seems to be a common situation, I'm guessing due to flex and strength issues, but the search continues. I'm looking for something easier to remove and put back than the Max Modular 10"-18" setups so that I can haul tall things at will more quickly.
Have you looked at the Leitner rack? Think it may do that without taking it all the way off

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you looked at the Leitner rack? Think it may do that without taking it all the way off
Yeah it's overkill for my needs and doesn't work with the BAK X4 roll-up tonneau as far as I can tell.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Missing the Maximus-3 overland rack, not fully out for normal consumer, and little "published" data on it. right now they are proceeding through pre-orders
Sponsored