Sponsored

Connected Services Delete Credit

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR, 2023 JTM
Does anyone know what “Connected Services Delete Credit” is? I noticed that it appears on a lot of window stickers for 2022 JTs with a $165 credit to the MSRP.
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'm taking a wild guess here, it's the removal of XM Guardian functionality to reduce the number of chips per vehicle.

ltgov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I just bought a used 22 gladiator , I specifically asked the salesman if it came equipped with uconnect XM Guardian function and he said yes. To my surprise when I got it home and tried to set it up I did not have it installed. I looked at the window sticker and it was there on the window sticker as being installed but it also had Connected Services Delete Credit on the window sticker. I had to find the window sticker on the mopar website. When I called the dealership to complain about the salesman’s lie the dealership simply said it was deleted and was not interested in fixing it. I told the dealership look I will pay $165 to have it installed, they then claimed it be more than $165 because I needed a new radio, screen and wiring harness. I am seriously thinking of contacting some higher up at jeep about this!

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
The unfortunate aspect is this: Manufacturers are removing features that cost X, and giving buyers credits in the form of Y. 99% of the time, X>Y and they know this. If they gave you the discount of the actual cost/value to perform installation, they would lose their ass as people would avoid choosing certain options/package with those missing features. Instead, they remove a portion of a package, give the consumer the rest, and make an arbitrary discount.

The same happened for me with the inverter in the bed. Credit of $115 (i think) but it costs a good bit more ($300+) to use Mopar parts to make it work.

ltgov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I got this text from the dealer today looks like I won’t get anywhere dealing with them .

Hey, I talked to . I think you misunderstood me.
All Chrysler vehicles have U-connect, only certain vehicles have I-connect with app compatibility.
Your Jeep came standard with 7 inch screen, so it never had U-connect services just car play and Bluetooth.
As far as the delete our dealership didn’t delete it, the factory window sticker said deleted services which means it wasn’t added to original price when new.
The window sticker is what it’s originally equipped with.
Didn’t want you to think we deleted something here.
That’s why I said they could t restore it unless equipped which means it would have to have the 8 inch screen, new radio, new wiring harness.
Sorry for any confusion

Sponsored

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
I got this text from the dealer today looks like I won’t get anywhere dealing with them .

Hey, I talked to . I think you misunderstood me.
All Chrysler vehicles have U-connect, only certain vehicles have I-connect with app compatibility.
Your Jeep came standard with 7 inch screen, so it never had U-connect services just car play and Bluetooth.
As far as the delete our dealership didn’t delete it, the factory window sticker said deleted services which means it wasn’t added to original price when new.
The window sticker is what it’s originally equipped with.
Didn’t want you to think we deleted something here.
That’s why I said they could t restore it unless equipped which means it would have to have the 8 inch screen, new radio, new wiring harness.
Sorry for any confusion
Whaaat? “Sorry for any confusion”? Maybe it’s the after work cocktail that I’m drinking, but I’m really confused now.
😵💫

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
I got a similar story when I queried the credit last year at this time when we took over the dealership's order for our gladi. Basically, it was a credit that occurred automatically when certain items had not been ordered basically the 8.4 radio/display module.

ltgov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Talked to Jeep using the main number and was told it could only be put in at the factory and they was sorry for what the dealer said that they couldn’t help me.

ShawnL

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Whaaat? “Sorry for any confusion”? Maybe it’s the after work cocktail that I’m drinking, but I’m really confused now.
😵💫
hmm.... Interesting I have uconnect on my 7 inch

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Glad I ordered a '23

ltgov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I filed a complaint with my state attorney generals office. The dealership then called me stating they want make it right . The dealership stated they couldn’t replace the radio but to go to a local car Audio store and price a radio with installation. I did so and called the dealership back and told them the price . The manager said he had to talk to his boss to get it approved. A couple hours later he called back and said all we can do is offer to give you a spare key since I didn’t have one . The car salesman was supposed to be getting me a spare key before all this happened but never did.
Sponsored

Last edited: