FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
I was just reading one of the issues with our accessories coming in from China right now is the massive shipping pricing increase. Last year this time a 40 foot container from China was $1,500.00 today its over $18,000.00. I am about to start canceling my pre paid orders across the board as it might prove to be a very long time. Just getting bored of waiting so long. I am wondering if Bilstein shocks come in from China at this time also, in need of the final rear set of 5100's 0-1.5".
Sponsored

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I would cancel any preorders and I will not order preorders. I work in an industry that supports manufacturing, oil & gas, mining etc. anyone with heavy industrial assets and keeping those assets running. Parts are getting scarce and wait times are up to 4 months and beyond on some things. This will not get better for awhile , we saw what the chip shortage has done but now throw in pumps, motors, gearboxes that the industries need to continue production . Shipping will be the least of our concerns.

River2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport s - 2018 Gx460 - 1992 SC400
Occupation
Construction
I was just reading one of the issues with our accessories coming in from China right now is the massive shipping pricing increase. Last year this time a 40 foot container from China was $1,500.00 today its over $18,000.00. I am about to start canceling my pre paid orders across the board as it might prove to be a very long time. Just getting bored of waiting so long. I am wondering if Bilstein shocks come in from China at this time also, in need of the final rear set of 5100's 0-1.5".
They are having bidding wars at the docks over there to just get containers on the boats. We had some orders delayed for months because the exporter we order from kept getting out bid at the docks and couldn’t get our containers on. That’s in top of buying and shipping the shit to begin with. It’s an absolute disaster right now. And working in the building industry the demand is hotter than ever but we can get stuff and when you do you better get out your check book we are see price increases constantly.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
If everyone had actually taken covid seriously from the get go we wouldn't be in this mess. But here we are, dealing with the aftermath of a constant stream of denials about how serious it was, vaccines, masks, etc.

All of it directly led to this.

OP
OP

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
If everyone had actually taken covid seriously from the get go we wouldn't be in this mess. But here we are, dealing with the aftermath of a constant stream of denials about how serious it was, vaccines, masks, etc.

All of it directly led to this.
Do you honestly think our shipping delays and prices are from that?

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Do you honestly think our shipping delays and prices are from that?
There is zero question.

This entire supply chain disruption and cargo disruption is the culmination of the entirety of covid. It's coming to a head now, it will get worse before it gets better.

Every next infection is a potential vector to a more perfect and potent version of the virus. The focus needs to be on eliminating each next infection.

As we have seen, there's enormous swaths of society who don't care about any of it.

We are all reaping what they have sowed.

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Corvette
Covid is here forever. We'll never get rid of it even if we could get 100% vaccination of humans.

This is what happens when you layoff workers and stimulate the economy at the same time.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
It's a global economy, it's all connected.
Yes global, yes connected, no the stimulus in the US is not why things are 9x more expensive to get out of Asia to all the world.

This is about there being supply shortages for a long time because workers were sick or sites shut down. About there being shipping shortages because people on board boats were sick and couldn't dock. This is about all of that leading to pent up demand for goods, and shippers looking to recoup losses from it. The root of it all is COVID illnesses for the last 18 months.

It has impacted every sector of the global trade. Began with supply shortages, lead to demand increases, culminated in shippers needing to recoup missed income. Right now, shipping is in control because supply is more ready and demand is there.

But the transport is slow and in command and there's very limited supply of it comparatively, and for a lot of goods it is the bottleneck of slowness.

Sponsored

OP
OP

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
So in other words its from people actually getting sick that caused the increased pricing, or the mandated shutdowns? I don't even remember China being shutdown, aside from the small videos posted with them welding doors shut, throwing people in small dog carriers and body bags on the side of the street only in the small town where the disgusting wet markets are. So odd it actually seemed like a movie.

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Corvette
Yes global, yes connected, no the stimulus in the US is not why things are 9x more expensive to get out of Asia to all the world.

This is about there being supply shortages for a long time because workers were sick or sites shut down. About there being shipping shortages because people on board boats were sick and couldn't dock. This is about all of that leading to pent up demand for goods, and shippers looking to recoup losses from it. The root of it all is COVID illnesses for the last 18 months.

It has impacted every sector of the global trade. Began with supply shortages, lead to demand increases, culminated in shippers needing to recoup missed income. Right now, shipping is in control because supply is more ready and demand is there. But the transport is slow and in command.
Cargo ships don't unload themselves. The goods don't leave the port by themselves. There's a whole section of our economy that just does imports.

It's definitely a factor, but hard to quantify.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Cargo ships don't unload themselves. The goods don't leave the port by themselves. There's a whole section of our economy that just does imports.

It's definitely a factor, but hard to quantify.
Sure, sick dock workers caused delays for the few boats that could dock as well. Also a factor.
And now not enough dock terminals and capacity for the boats trying to be sent in. Also factors.

But in the end it boils down to the veritable COVID snake working it's way through the economies of the world.

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Corvette
Sure, sick dock workers caused delays for the few boats that could dock as well. Also a factor.
And now not enough dock terminals and capacity for the boats trying to be sent in. Also factors.

But in the end it boils down to the veritable COVID snake working it's way through the economies of the world.
Covid and the bad policies that followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.