First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2021 JLU 4xe
Occupation
U.S. Navy LDO (Nuclear Power)
Little bit of a late notice here, sorry. Plans changed, so we have some free time this weekend and are going to go ride around at Corral Canyon for a few hours tomorrow. We'll probably do Sidewinder and Gunslinger. Bronco Peak is a bit tighter than I like, but if someone has done it before in a Gladiator and can spot me through, I'm willing to give it a shot. Bring a lunch. We'll have the fridge, so if you have things you need to keep cold, there will be room. We have a spare handheld that we'll bring. Plan to meet in the Four Corners staging are around 0930 for a 1000ish roll out. We'll be in the Black JTRD Overland rig. Bring the whole family, we are! Hope to see you tomorrow!

J.R.
Sponsored

OP
OP

woffman5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2021 JLU 4xe
Occupation
Well, a great day ended fairly shitily. Pretty sure the high pressure fuel pump shit itself. We had turned around on Gunslinger and we’re headed home when the Gladiator died and wouldn’t restart. Thankfully we grabbed the recovery gear out of the 4xe, lots of winching over rocks and a tow got us to the staging area just after dark. Sitting at the rest area now waiting on a tow truck.

Trail report: Sidewinder is pretty torn up. Lots of deep ruts from folks riding around when the trails were wet. Left a little right rear fender paint on a rock coming up a hill in one of those deep rut spots. Off camber, up hill, right hand turn with a stupid big ass rock in the apex of the corner. There was really no avoiding it, unfortunately. The recovery boards on the bed rack scraping against the rock and three inches of poke in the rear saved us from more damage. I’m not afraid of using the skid plates, but with that being said, we roll on 37s with the factory lift and a 1 & 1/2” spacer kit in the front, and that’s the minimum I would recommend for that trail. Your buddies in the JKUs and JLUs might be just fine on 35s, but the extra length on the JT makes this one a game of choose your line carefully in the rocks. I leave the receiver hitch in when we are out and about (I call it the Uhaul skid plate!) and I drug it a few times. Overall, took us about two hours, and a good run if you’re set up well.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
What’s the prognosis? Fuel pump?

I ended up bugging out with the trailer and the dog for an overnight camp out In Blair Valley. ..Just a man and his dog.

OP
OP

woffman5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2021 JLU 4xe
Occupation
What’s the prognosis? Fuel pump?

I ended up bugging out with the trailer and the dog for an overnight camp out In Blair Valley. ..Just a man and his dog.

Kearny Mesa CJDR has it, but they "can't get to it until the end of the week, at best." Meaning, "we have so many broke EcoDiesels in the back we can't get our heads above water." Should know more next week.

We take the dogs with us when we go camping as well! They protect the kids from everything that goes bump in the night! Thankfully, the kids and the dogs sleep in one roof-top tent and the wife and I sleep inthe other!

Joe Dillard

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave, '91 YJ Wrangler, '17 Ram 3500 CTD
Occupation
DoD Contractor
Good to read folks are still using Corral Canyon. I use to live in east county (El Cajon, Rancho San Diego, Deerhorn Valley, Alpine) so CC was basically in my backyard. Lots of good times.

OP
OP

woffman5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2021 JLU 4xe
Occupation
Fuel pump it is. No timeline on parts, just "we'll call you weekly to keep you updated." I knew the CP4 was a piece of sh*T, but after having three other vehicles with it, I thought the bugs were worked out. Guess not.
Sponsored