Cost for regearing

spartacus777

First Name
Noch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator, maserati, tesla
Looking to get my gladiator regeared after raising it 4" with 37s... any thought son what that should run me? My guy is saying $2800 total. Also, would I feel a difference? Is it worth it?

Thanks for your insight
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
What is your gladiator a rubicon they have 4:10 gears it would help if we knew what you have and the cost you listed is about right a lot of people are running 37’s without regearing I am running 35’s on my rubicon and it likes 7th gear better than 8th gear I will be going to 37’s when I need new tires

OP
OP
spartacus777

spartacus777

First Name
Noch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. That includes parts too?

Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
What is your gladiator a rubicon they have 4:10 gears it would help if we knew what you have and the cost you listed is about right a lot of people are running 37’s without regearing I am running 35’s on my rubicon and it likes 7th gear better than 8th gear I will be going to 37’s when I need new tires

Open question - Are you putting in new lockers ? what other parts are being done at the time install - Master overhaul or regular service kit? Avg fro 2 axles would be roughly $1K in this area. per axle depending on the question above - Who provides gear sets ? Brand (makes a diff)

OP
OP
spartacus777

spartacus777

First Name
Noch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Performing a full master kit front and rear, full gear set, gear fluid and replacement of all bearings and seals

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I have been quoted $2500-$3000 in NJ
I have no doubt you have. Some places charge $150/hour for labor. Find a local shop that charges $75 or so.

Performing a full master kit front and rear, full gear set, gear fluid and replacement of all bearings and seals
$1500--maybe a little more--for all of that work. You should be able to find a quote in the $1200 range, but then they ask, "You don't really want to keep them old bearings in there, do you?" That bumps it up into the $1500-1700 range.

Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Can someone explain why this would be necessary with a Mopar 2.5" lift running 37's? I've not noticed a thing that leads me to believe this is a 'must'.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Looking to get my gladiator regard after raising it 4" with 37s... any thought son what that should run me? My guy is saying $2800 total. Also, would I feel a difference? Is it worth it?

Thanks for your insight
I'll give you my experience. In the garage at home with floor jacks and hand tools, it takes about 4-6 hours to regear a front and rear axle. We've done Jeeps, a Tacoma, and Mustangs. Everything from 3.55 to 4.88 ratios. It's almost always about a half-day job unless something goes wrong and you have to make a run to the parts store.

So... if you do the math, a "professional" at a shop charging $100/hour labor rate should quote you $500 for the labor, give or take a hundred.

In the past, I've ALWAYS bought ring and pinion sets for around $200 per axle. However, guys are telling me that the JL/JT stuff doubled in price. I can't confirm. But let's assume that it has. Let's assume that $400 per axle is the least you can buy the ring/pinion sets for these days.

That's:

$400x2= $800 parts
+
$500 labor
+
$80 sales tax
=
$1,378

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Can someone explain why this would be necessary with a Mopar 2.5" lift running 37's? I've not noticed a thing that leads me to believe this is a 'must'.
On a 8-speed, especially with factory 4.10 axle gears, it's completely unnecessary to regear. Some guys just have a hard time letting go of yester-year.
Sponsored