Sponsored

Cost to add power windows and/or power door locks?

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Seriously..how much would it cost to add power windows and/or power door locks?

Obvioulsy, it would make more sense to buy the Sport S, yadi yadi yada...

I'm not seeing the S without about another 3-4k in additions that I don't want.
However, I am seeing the base Sport with just how I want it.

So, if anyone has any experience with adding power windows, lets hear it.
Power door locks are relatively easy, I think you just need an aftermarket solenoid, but windows I have no idea about...

Thank you.
Sponsored

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Local stereo shop quoted me 400ish a couple years back when I inquired to install power windows on my previous Jeep.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Power door locks are relatively easy, I think you just need an aftermarket solenoid, but windows I have no idea about...

Thank you.
To make it factory-spec, whatever a matching set of used power window doors costs (pay for paint work if they don't match already), plus the factory dash panel(s) and whatever someone charges to wire it up (unless you do it yourself). That would be the EASIEST way, but probably not the most cost-effective way. But it would be a nice OEM setup.

OP
OP

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Lots to ponder..

I did notice on quadracrap they had power window kits for the JK and they were only around 400, so plus whatever the switch costs...

might be a better way to go as I could get everything I want for an msrp of 37ish.

Its so stupid that they don't give you the option of just adding power windows/locks.

I can't even think of too many other vehicles that come with manual windows.

To make it factory-spec, whatever a matching set of used power window doors costs (pay for paint work if they don't match already), plus the factory dash panel(s) and whatever someone charges to wire it up (unless you do it yourself). That would be the EASIEST way, but probably not the most cost-effective way. But it would be a nice OEM setup.

Jetskier222

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Millwright
You don't have to change the whole door, the inner door panels have everything mounted on them and they unbolt from the outer door. You need the inner door pads too which have the door lock switches and don't have holes for the window cranks, and the factory switch that mounts in the dash

Sponsored

Jetskier222

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Millwright
Lots to ponder..

I did notice on quadracrap they had power window kits for the JK and they were only around 400, so plus whatever the switch costs...

might be a better way to go as I could get everything I want for an msrp of 37ish.

Its so stupid that they don't give you the option of just adding power windows/locks.

I can't even think of too many other vehicles that come with manual windows.
I talked to the company that makes the kits quadratec sells, they said they're working on a kit for the JL and JT.

Pow_wagon

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Occupation
Pizza delivery
I talked to the company that makes the kits quadratec sells, they said they're working on a kit for the JL and JT.
any update here? Been kicking the idea around as well

DublF

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Veteran, Retired Correctional Stationary Engineer
any update here? Been kicking the idea around as well
I just emailed A1 Electric to see if they are planning to offer a power window kit for the JT.

Deleted member 43264

Think of it this way, at least without power windows, doors and mirrors, you don't have to worry about the whole bent pin/connector issue when removing your doors because of a bad design.
That's one of the reasons I haven't taken my doors off. Honestly if I had to do all over again I would've gone with the trim with no power windows, doors or mirrors. I'm okay rolling my window down and manually locking doors and moving my mirrors.
Not to say power isn't a nice convenience, but with the more power comes more things that can go wrong or break.

Just my 2 centabo's.

Jetskier222

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Millwright
Think of it this way, at least without power windows, doors and mirrors, you don't have to worry about the whole bent pin/connector issue when removing your doors because of a bad design.
That's one of the reasons I haven't taken my doors off. Honestly if I had to do all over again I would've gone with the trim with no power windows, doors or mirrors. I'm okay rolling my window down and manually locking doors and moving my mirrors.
Not to say power isn't a nice convenience, but with the more power comes more things that can go wrong or break.

Just my 2 centabo's.
You'd think that, but I bent a pin on my manual locks/windows Gladiator. The dome light wouldn't turn off.

Sponsored

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee

Thank you.
Manual windows are awesome. I wish they were available on my Mojave.

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler jl, 2018 ram 1500, 2014 jetta
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Adding power mirrors and locks and mirrors can all be done at the same time by buying the door carriers on eBay and then the door skins from an online dealer. I got all 4 door carriers for $400 and the skins where about &200 each.
Sponsored