Sponsored

Cost to do a Hemi 5.7 or 6.4 swap in a Jeep Gladiator?

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Jeep Extended Warranty Sales
I'm sure someone has already answered this question somewhere. What is a good estimate of what it cost to do a Hemi 5.7 or a 6.4 swap in a Jeep Gladiator? Also any places near Indiana that will do this?

Thanks
Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Keep in mind that any of the 6.4 and Hellcat swap costs will not usually include the upgrade axles and drive shafts that will be needed and will push you into 3/4-1 ton axles that will run another $20K and then another $3K-$4K for tires and wheels. You can easily find yourself $60K plus into a proper swap when all said and done.

Last edited:

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Ask litebrite, they just tore up a brand new 392 to do an engine swap lol.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
Keep in mind that any of the 6.4 and Hellcats swap costs will not usually include the upgrade axles and axle shafts that will be needed and will usually push you into 3/4-1 ton axles that will run another $20K and then another $3K-$4K for tires and wheels. You can easily find yourself $60K plus into a proper swap when all said and done.
Spot on!!!!

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
A base 5.7L swap would be cool. The 8 speed and 5.7L was my favorite part of my old Ram. Such a great combination, IMO. Smooth power delivery and great fuel economy for the vehicle size.

I’m not a fan of frivolous trade-ins, but if Jeep did a Hemi option with a Rubicon in ‘23+, I might consider a trade-in.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
These guys seem to do a great job from folks on YouTube and have different options.

https://www.amw4x4.com/

Lots of money, but would be AWESOME!!!
do your research on these guys. It’s not all favorable including from at least one member here whose spent 6 figures with them and now has lawyers involved.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I'm sure someone has already answered this question somewhere. What is a good estimate of what it cost to do a Hemi 5.7 or a 6.4 swap in a Jeep Gladiator? Also any places near Indiana that will do this?

Thanks
There used to be a place on the east side of Cincinnati I believe. Can't remember the damned name though.

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician

Thanks
High lift offroad, Cincinnati, OH. Nuthouse Industries, Marrow, OH are listed as authorized Installers.

5.7 Hemi is awesome. 38's with stock Rubicon axles, geared to 4.88.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Keep in mind that any of the 6.4 and Hellcat swap costs will not usually include the upgrade axles and drive shafts that will be needed and will push you into 3/4-1 ton axles that will run another $20K and then another $3K-$4K for tires and wheels. You can easily find yourself $60K plus into a proper swap when all said and done.
This is the reason I’ve decided a swap isn’t right for me at the moment. After blowing the engine, I was using it as an excuse to do the 6.4 swap. $35k base doesn’t sound bad.

But then you need axle upgrades at minimum…maybe RCVs up front and beefed up option in the rear…add $2500-3k. Don’t necessarily need Dana 60s, but still something to factor in.

Don’t have a rubi? Well you need a rubi transfer case…another $2500-3k.

Driveshafts are case by case basis. Although they don’t mention that unless you ask.

$35k turned into $50k for me, and I couldn’t justify it.

AmosMoses01

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Technology
Exodus 4x4 --- range from ~32k to 70k+ --- all depends on how many pockets you have to empty I guess. Looks like can even empty one of those Michael Jackson Beat It video jacket's worth of pockets. ;) For me, on the list of "lottery money" things to do. But as noted, once you've opened this Pandora's Box, add 1 ton axle upgrades, etc. probably looking at easily spending 80 - 100K.
Sponsored