Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If it does, it would be in response to Ford offering 35-inch tires on Bronco with the Sasquatch package.

Seems strange that Jeep didnā€™t offer 35-inch tires with the Wrangler 392, though.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81ā€™ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ā€˜18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
That gonna makes life easier for a pile of guys;
get them up front then one less of these your wife can throw at you lol
ā€I said you could buy the Jeep only- your not doing all the upgrades right nowā€

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
True bead lock wheels are illegal for street use in some states. I don't see Jeep offering an illegal vehicle for purchase.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
True bead lock wheels are illegal for street use in some states. I don't see Jeep offering an illegal vehicle for purchase.
CAPABLE is there legal out. lol They are Beadlock-Capable.

They dont come with the beadlock rings. You will have to purchase those from Mopar Performace and they will specify off-road only.

Sponsored

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I wonder if that has anything to do with the recent spate of dealers being "unable" to recalibrate for larger tires?

Letting the darker part of my brain run free for a minute... Fiat gave Jeep a pretty long leash with the JL/JT. There are a LOT of details that the bean counters and lawyers at GM would never sign off on. if "A" is dealers' inability to recalibrate speedos, "B" is 35s as a factory/dealer option likely for 2022, and A+B=C, what is C? Will the Tazers and JL Scans be locked out? What else would they make impossible or much more difficult for the end users to do in the name of increasing sticker prices? Let's be honest with ourselves, Jeeps are cash cows. Jeep's engineering department has about as much to do as Porsche's design department (come to think of it, the Jeep design department hasn't exactly been busy in any conventional way), and the prices are sky high anyway. Stellantis seems to be proving that dropping an engine out of a $32K pickup into a similarly priced SUV results in an $80K price gouge... What's next?

Depending on your perspective, the aftermarket is one of the Jeep platform's most powerful assets OR one of the greatest missed opportunities...

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
If it does, it would be in response to Ford offering 35-inch tires on Bronco with the Sasquatch package.

Seems strange that Jeep didnā€™t offer 35-inch tires with the Wrangler 392, though.
To go to a bigger tier size requires all sorts of VDC recalibration and validation from a manufacturer. That takes time AND money. Even though I agree that (especially at the price) the 392 should have had 35s, the bean counters just might not have greenlighted it.
If this info is correct, then I'd expect the '22 392 Rubicons to get 35s for sure.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
CAPABLE is there legal out. lol They are Beadlock-Capable.

They dont come with the beadlock rings. You will have to purchase those from Mopar Performace and they will specify off-road only.
That's exactly how Ford's Sasquatch wheels are.

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
It will be interesting to see what, if any suspension and drivetrain mods Jeep makes for the 35's.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The Jeep/Ram wheels that are capable come with a true inner bead for legal use, and then a beauty ring. You can however purchase a real beadlock ring and mount the tire on the outside of the inner bead turning it into a beadlock.

Sponsored

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link

This. Figure it's coming. Betting we lose fold down windshield and get some more aerodynamic changes next model to try and keep the numbers somewhat in check. I don't know what the bronco mpg numbers look like but if they are better than wrangler with bigger factory tires and similar offroad experience it'll be a contender for sure.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
My guess is MOPAR lift and 4.56. Doubt they mess with the transmission, far easier to do gearing.
That's a great insight!

The Bronco comes with 4.70s with the 35s.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
High Altitude package has been running dubs for a year.
Sponsored