CPLAY2air Wireless Adapter

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Looks like a good way to add the wireless carplay to those cars that don't have that ability yet. I have it in my Audi and it is nice having carplay coming up with the phone still in my pocket. Also a good option if you use a charger not wired to a port that has the carplay (like in my audi I have a wireless charging pad so with the wireless carplay I don't really ever have to plug phone in to anything.

One issue though I have had with my phone is that if the adapter is wifi and connects, my phone sometimes will try and use the wifi connection for internet (and then of course there is none and the phone will go offline).

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I installed one yesterday. So far it works like it should. I put mine in the center console & used so me velcro to attach it to the side to keep it out of the way & make sure there was no rattling around.

Jeep Gladiator CPLAY2air Wireless Adapter IMG_0489

zach471

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I installed one yesterday. So far it works like it should. I put mine in the center console & used so me velcro to attach it to the side to keep it out of the way & make sure there was no rattling around.

Jeep Gladiator CPLAY2air Wireless Adapter IMG_0489
Is this still working you? I wondered whether that USB port was going to work with it. Connection staying rock solid with no freezes or dropouts?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is this still working you? I wondered whether that USB port was going to work with it. Connection staying rock solid with no freezes or dropouts?
Yeah it has been working flawlessly. I havent had to mess with anything at all. Conencts every time if my phone is in the truck when the truck is started. If my phone isnt then I just tap the button on the screen that tells it to connect. The ONLY complaint at all I have had recently is that every once in a while it will stay on the connecting screen. Change off to another app like radio or the hvac controls & right back & its there. Still works without that showing though.

Sponsored

zach471

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
OK, awesome. I've posted this in another thread, as well, but I've got one of the dongles for my 2018 Grand. Constant freezing. Moved it to my wife's Volvo and it works flawlessly. I've been having just a TON of issues with my system since it was new, so I sort of chalked it up to my head unit is just buggy.

Just bought a new one for the new Gladiator that's coming. Going to get the console lid cover wireless charger from Sanctum, just seems like a perfect combo.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK, awesome. I've posted this in another thread, as well, but I've got one of the dongles for my 2018 Grand. Constant freezing. Moved it to my wife's Volvo and it works flawlessly. I've been having just a TON of issues with my system since it was new, so I sort of chalked it up to my head unit is just buggy.

Just bought a new one for the new Gladiator that's coming. Going to get the console lid cover wireless charger from Sanctum, just seems like a perfect combo.
I saw that console & I like it, but I dont feel like the console's in these trucks are big enough for me not to be resting my elbow on the screen.

zach471

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I saw that console & I like it, but I dont feel like the console's in these trucks are big enough for me not to be resting my elbow on the screen.
I hadn't actually considered that....

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
So you guys are noticing any lag with the carplay2air dongle. I had one for my Grand too and it just wouldn’t work and the few times it did, there was a ton of lag. They sent a replacement that was even worse. Shipped it back right as the Covid lockdown happened and now it’s lost at sea somewhere. Just shows leaving Miami for months now. Lol

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Hate to play devils advocate but mine hasn’t worked well at all. It seems to have a mind of its own and just randomly disconnects. However if I’m just streaming music there aren’t any issues, but phone calls it randomly disconnects after 1 to 5 minutes. Was hoping my new 12 pro would work better than my old iPhone 11 but it’s actually worse. It’s a great idea in theory but its execution just isn’t there yet. I’ve gotten used to just plugging my phone in now. YMMV

Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Hate to play devils advocate but mine hasn’t worked well at all. It seems to have a mind of its own and just randomly disconnects. However if I’m just streaming music there aren’t any issues, but phone calls it randomly disconnects after 1 to 5 minutes. Was hoping my new 12 pro would work better than my old iPhone 11 but it’s actually worse. It’s a great idea in theory but its execution just isn’t there yet. I’ve gotten used to just plugging my phone in now. YMMV
Yeah, that was the same story with my Grand. They released firmware updates and it worked for some and not others. It’s very odd. I really wish there were more consistent success stories for this as I would love not plugging it in every time.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting.. Which head unit & what phone are you using?

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Just using stock head unit (8.4) with iphone 12 pro. Was using Iphone 11 pro max previously, but its literally 10x worse now with the new 12 pro.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just using stock head unit (8.4) with iphone 12 pro. Was using Iphone 11 pro max previously, but its literally 10x worse now with the new 12 pro.
Weird.. I am on the 7" and an iPhone 11 (and will be 12 Mini once they are available next month). Of note I normally keep my phone in my front right pocket so there is only about a foot between the phone & receiver when I am in the JT.

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Weird.. I am on the 7" and an iPhone 11 (and will be 12 Mini once they are available next month). Of note I normally keep my phone in my front right pocket so there is only about a foot between the phone & receiver when I am in the JT.
I put my phone in the storage box literally touching the adapter and it still disconnects at random. Really no rhyme or reason. I have a RF spectrum reader for work that I even used to see if there was any bad harmonics being generated causing interference, but cant find anything. As a matter of fact the center console is actually pretty good at shielding rogue RF
Sponsored