Threads
Reaction score
Website
kwbcancerblog.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys diesel; 05 HD Fatboy
Occupation
ski bum
Over the weekend I drove to SLC to pick up what may be the last Mopar 2" lift for a diesel in the state (p/n 77072469AC). Apparently there's on nationwide back order. On the way home I ran a couple of errands. Coming out of one store, I noticed my windshield had developed an L shaped stress crack. See the pictures. No impact, no nothing. Heck, the truck wasn't even moving when it happened. Really? I called the dealer and was told that it may be covered under warranty, but they'd have to look at it to verify there was no impact. Hope this isn't a trend...
Jeep Gladiator Cracked windshield after 3 weeks IMG_0717
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Get better pictures.

But there deff is a reason These things don't just crack for shits and giggles. This is normal: rock or debris hits the windshield. You park for the night and go to bed. Wake up for work and there is a crack.

There are also plenty of posts about the difference in temperature outside vs the cabin (blasting the heat specifucally) will cause it to crack.

Yes, the windshields are not as good as they should be by any means. But something caused it.

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the club .... I was super sensitive to anything hitting my windshield knowing their reputation. Finally a micro sized rock kicked up by an RV and a 1" crack was immediately formed. I sealed it with some of that Rain X epoxy and it hasn't grown since. Now it seems that since I don't give a crap about the windshield it won't crack any further?

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
I would’ve signed up for 3 weeks in a heartbeat, mine cracked on Day 3...

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was cracked by a rock second day of ownership and I just had my second one replaced on Friday. Good luck getting the dealership to fix it, I'll guarantee a rock hit it down at the black area on the bottom and you couldn't see the chip. That's what happened on the last one to mine. I lowered my deductible down to $100 for this particular reason, still sucks.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I must be one of the few with good luck. 20 months now with the original windshield.

tabrods

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Retired
98 miles on my Gladiator before I got my first crack....

Sponsored

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Have had 3 hard rock hits on the windshield and no cracks. I’m in Alaska and if it chips it cracks instantly, so have been happy with the glass thus far.

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
My windshield cracked with under 3k miles from a small chip. I've also had it hold up to a "holy shit what the fuck just exploded" impact with not even a scratch. Fickle things they are.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Stay far behind cars at freeway speeds...

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
got mine on day 4
small spider--tried injecting with 3m windshield kit-- not sure if it worked (didnt seem to)
--insurance called me the other day (pre-jeep). said i was having "too many claims". I was like WTF? i only had ONE claim...ever.
Ohhhh no....turns out windshield repair (with 100 deductible) adds "claims" to my inusrance....
Fuck.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
It’s a Jeep thing. Almost a vertical windshield. Don’t follow close to others on the interstate. Also be conscious of cruising beside someone in the other lane that is 45 degrees from you.

Stay away from landscapers, mowers, weedwackers. I was in a grocery parking lot one summer and a guy was weedwacking a little grass island. He kicked up a rock, it hit the back glass of an SUV, big 12” crack, he didn’t even know he did it.... you don’t have to be on the road driving for it to happen.
Sponsored