Crossover question

MTDIRK

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
I bought some Infinity Ref-6530cx to replace in sound bar and dash with the Crutchfield kits.

I have read a couple threads and see mixed opinions on installing the crossovers. I haven't seen anyone say they have removed the factory crossovers and installed the ones that came with the speakers. So my question is are there crossovers from the factory and if so where are they?

Also I noticed the wiring Ts under the dash speaker so if I were to install the new crossover I assume it would be in place of that T. I didn't see the T in the sound bar while cutting it up.

I have (had) the upgraded Alpine system.
Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I bought some Infinity Ref-6530cx to replace in sound bar and dash with the Crutchfield kits.

I have read a couple threads and see mixed opinions on installing the crossovers. I haven't seen anyone say they have removed the factory crossovers and installed the ones that came with the speakers. So my question is are there crossovers from the factory and if so where are they?

Also I noticed the wiring Ts under the dash speaker so if I were to install the new crossover I assume it would be in place of that T. I didn't see the T in the sound bar while cutting it up.

I have (had) the upgraded Alpine system.
I assume that you got the speakers installed. I'm looking at the Infinity 6530cx speakers for my sound bar with the upgraded Alpine system. What do you think about them?