First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician
I’m new here, but I wanted to share my personal experience on how many JTs and JLs Toledo pumps out a day. I’m currently waiting for my Mojave to be built at TSAP, put my order in through the dealership on April 25th. My wife drives a 2021 JL Unlimited, she’s a good majority of the reason I’m getting a Gladiator and not another full size truck. I absolutely love driving her Jeep, and with two small children we don’t get to drive with the roof off very often but we had a chance last year and it’s just completely awesome.

I work for a supplier of Jeep in Northwood Ohio, we make all the interior front and rear seats for both the Wrangler and the Gladiator. I’ve been here close to 10 years already.

Getting to the point, both shifts here match whatever Jeep builds for the day. Currently they’ve been at around 500 per shift for JL for a total of 1,000 per full day. JT on the other hand, their goal is 210 for first shift and 180 on second shift, for a total of around 400 per day, which all varies on how well they perform over there, paint issues, part shortages etc. Both lines work 10 hour days, 6 days a week. It’s been on this schedule pretty much the whole year.

Not sure if this is helpful to anybody, but I figured I would throw this post up in case somebody was curious. If anybody has any other questions, I could clarify some things for you.

Thanks guys, and I’m happy to be part of the Jeep family (whenever my JT gets through assembly 😁) I’m fortunate enough to live about a half hour from the dealership, which is only about 11 miles away from the assembly complex.
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
5:2 seems to match what i remember of the quarterly sales reports Stellantis put out for Q1 2022. IIRC it was a similar ratio as their year on year comparison from Q1 21 as well.

OP
OP
skindata

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Assembly Technician
Yep, over here JT can build way ahead and leave 2-3 hours early. Only a low 20’s per hour compared to what they want on JL which is 63. 😂

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I’m new here, but I wanted to share my personal experience on how many JTs and JLs Toledo pumps out a day. I’m currently waiting for my Mojave to be built at TSAP, put my order in through the dealership on April 25th. My wife drives a 2021 JL Unlimited, she’s a good majority of the reason I’m getting a Gladiator and not another full size truck. I absolutely love driving her Jeep, and with two small children we don’t get to drive with the roof off very often but we had a chance last year and it’s just completely awesome.

I work for a supplier of Jeep in Northwood Ohio, we make all the interior front and rear seats for both the Wrangler and the Gladiator. I’ve been here close to 10 years already.

Getting to the point, both shifts here match whatever Jeep builds for the day. Currently they’ve been at around 500 per shift for JL for a total of 1,000 per full day. JT on the other hand, their goal is 210 for first shift and 180 on second shift, for a total of around 400 per day, which all varies on how well they perform over there, paint issues, part shortages etc. Both lines work 10 hour days, 6 days a week. It’s been on this schedule pretty much the whole year.

Not sure if this is helpful to anybody, but I figured I would throw this post up in case somebody was curious. If anybody has any other questions, I could clarify some things for you.

Thanks guys, and I’m happy to be part of the Jeep family (whenever my JT gets through assembly 😁) I’m fortunate enough to live about a half hour from the dealership, which is only about 11 miles away from the assembly complex.
Very useful. Now if we can get some information on transit, that would be great. My JTR has been in transit for about 20 days.

Sponsored

OP
OP
skindata

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Assembly Technician
Very useful. Now if we can get some information on transit, that would be great. My JTR has been in transit for about 20 days.
Depending on where you live, your JT might be sitting in the rail yard across the street from the plant still waiting on other orders to complete the load. They would stage 5 vehicles in a row and would scan the label on the front windshield and then rail workers would hop in and drive them up into the train, chock the tires and climb back down. Rinse and repeat until they were done for the day. I also did that as a job back when it was JK’s and Liberties.

Not sure how much has changed since then, but I remember there were always lanes with only a few vehicles in them that sat for days or weeks. I distinctly remember a single Commander that sat by itself for months before one day it just wasn’t there anymore.

It’s weird, I’ve worked at the rail yard right next door to TNAP loading finished Jeeps onto train cars, been building Jeep seats for close to 10 years now and I’ve never owned one until (almost) now. 😄

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I want to thank you for the comfortable seats in these Gladiators. I even told the survey people these beat other trucks and cars I have had for comfort. Only my 73 is more comfortable to sit in.
I can ride in this truck for hours.

OP
OP
skindata

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Assembly Technician
I hear various opinions, most people seem to like them and I personally think they’re pretty comfy and my personal favorite just by looks is the 4XE Rubicon that has the blue stitching.
Sponsored