Current wait time for Rubicon model?

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
I just left my dealership where I placed an order for a sting-gray rubicon. The guy that does their ordering said the wait time is NOW 3 to 4 months ?? and even that is just an estimate.. anyone else hearing this? He said they currently weren't building any Rubicon models, instead Sport and S's due to their demand. Does that sound right? Can anyone confirm?
Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Which dealer did you go to? I see Atlanta and I ordered mine from an Atlanta area dealership.

I placed an order for my Sting Gray Rubicon on the evening of 8/28 and received a VIN 8/30. The dealer needs to ensure that they placed the order as a sold customer order and not for the dealer's inventory. Dealer inventory is where the block lies.

My dealer says they are typically seeing JTs delivered to their lot in 5 weeks with Rubicons generally taking about 6 weeks. Hopefully he's not being overly optimistic!

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I just left my dealership where I placed an order for a sting-gray rubicon. The guy that does their ordering said the wait time is NOW 3 to 4 months ?? and even that is just an estimate.. anyone else hearing this? He said they currently weren't building any Rubicon models, instead Sport and S's due to their demand. Does that sound right? Can anyone confirm?
Tell him to put it into the system as a "Sold" order, and he will see the option to get a rubicon built for you. Some people ordered in March/April and still have not gotten their vehicle. Some ordered in the beginning of August and have gotten delivery already.

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
I placed my order for a Punk'N Rubicon on 16-Aug and have not received an update. I asked Jeep Chat last Friday and there was no update on my order. I hope your salesman was not right, but I am 2.5 weeks in with no VIN or status update.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Captn_Obvious

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which dealer did you go to? I see Atlanta and I ordered mine from an Atlanta area dealership.

I placed an order for my Sting Gray Rubicon on the evening of 8/28 and received a VIN 8/30. The dealer needs to ensure that they placed the order as a sold customer order and not for the dealer's inventory. Dealer inventory is where the block lies.

My dealer says they are typically seeing JTs delivered to their lot in 5 weeks with Rubicons generally taking about 6 weeks. Hopefully he's not being overly optimistic!
My dealership is Akins, in Winder GA - They're family owned, no goofy business, and will always shoot you straight. I just hope his info was not correct.

OP
OP
Captn_Obvious

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tell him to put it into the system as a "Sold" order, and he will see the option to get a rubicon built for you. Some people ordered in March/April and still have not gotten their vehicle. Some ordered in the beginning of August and have gotten delivery already.
Thanks rvillano8188, I'm new to the Jeep brand - New model launch, I get it but already this has proven to be a wild ride Lol.. calling back to check on what you're saying here.. thanks again.

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
$3000 off msrp - with trade & fca finance. So thinking pretty standard. Not great, but not horrible for this beast.
What was your MSRP on the Rubi? 3k seems weak. On a base Rubi, that's about 2% under invoice. On a Loaded, its not even invoice pricing. Honestly I'd take a walk if that's the deal that they are sticking with, or better yet, take a ride to NC and see Travis at Tri-City. I believe he's at 7% if you finance with him.

I get it, I'm new to the brand also, but have already learned so much from the folks in this forum (and saved myself about 5k). Don't jump the gun, it will cost you thousands!

OP
OP
Captn_Obvious

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Spazzyfry123 - thank you! That makes more sense.. will call back this afternoon to confirm that's how my order is going in.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
What was your MSRP on the Rubi? 3k seems weak. On a base Rubi, that's about 2% under invoice. On a Loaded, its not even invoice pricing. Honestly I'd take a walk if that's the deal that they are sticking with, or better yet, take a ride to NC and see Travis at Tri-City. I believe he's at 7% if you finance with him.

I get it, I'm new to the brand also, but have already learned so much from the folks in this forum (and saved myself about 5k). Don't jump the gun, it will cost you thousands!
Woah that's a weak number? Maybe I've been calculating wrong or something. What's 7% off a 50k Rubi? Maybe I need to go back to math class:surprised: edit I looked it up ...

Screenshot_20190903-133440.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captn_Obvious

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

$55,585 - I greatly appreciate the tip, just called my guy back to drill into this a bit more. I'd gladly take a ride to Tri-City to save that much coin. Gonna revisit the numbers with my guy to see if they can do any better. Thanks.
Sponsored