Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
So I finally got a chance to use the Curt Echo today. Setup was super easy. You plug it into the 7 Pin harness to give it power and then sync it to your smart phone via the app, just like any other bluetooth device. It ask for a code which is unique to each of them and is printed under the cover that you flip up to plug in the trailer brakes. Once that is done, it changes over to show a big orange circle and you have some options at the bottom for setting up the brake bias.
If you add their O-Shit button, that gets added in a similar way and shows Connected just under the menu bar.

You can then use a menu on the upper left to show the profiles and rename this one and that saves it's settings. By default it shows 5 profiles but apparently you can setup as many as you want.

It's that simple. The 2 cool things about this brake controller is, that there is literally no wiring to setup and you can swap this between vehicles and save settings for various towing setups.

Here is a link for more information.

https://www.curtmfg.com/dm/echo-mobile-brake-controller

I am really glad I went with this solution. When not in use, I store it and the trailer hitch under the driver, rear seat.
Sponsored

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Yep, I like mine also.

OP
OP
Elff

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
  • Banned
It and the hitch fit very nicely right here
Jeep Gladiator Curt Echo 1642889584334

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
I pull 2 different trailers. Having optional setups in the programming is convenient too. The only complaint is how long the unit is. I strap it to the 7 pin receptacle cover.
Sponsored