First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
As an Illustrator / Graphic Designer, I am always doodling and drawing. With the hope of getting a JT early next year, my imagination has been running wild with ideas of how to dress it up and make it mine. I was sold on the Gator color from the start, so that is what I plan to get. Needless to say, I've had gators on the brain. This latest doodle has lead to some fun exploration that I thought I'd share with the community here.

(A little history) Back in my early 20s, I owned a 1990 YJ Wrangler that I dubbed LAGARTO (Spanish for lizard). I came up with a fun little lizard graphic to put on the side of my YJ. I enjoyed all the questions it prompted. People thinking I had a rare edition Wrangler. I loved that vehicle and the day I traded it in, I vowed that I would one day own another Jeep. If all goes well, that will happen early next year. In honor of my YJ, I plan to call my JT LAGARTO as well.

Enough blabbing, here's what I've come up with for my JT:

GATOR_graphic_both.jpg

Now, I know that an alligator isn't technically a lizard. But I didn't think it was too much of a stretch to link the two.

I hope Trev775 doesn't mind that I added my graphic to a photo he posted of his JT.

graphic_on_JT.jpg
Sponsored

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 XLT FX4 (wifes); 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, Sport S, Max tow; 1988 Suzuki Samurai; 1994 BMW 325i Cabrio; 2004 Coachman Aurora Motorhome.
I have a sport. I need something to dress up my hood. Are you going to have some Decals made? Looks pretty cool.

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a sport. I need something to dress up my hood. Are you going to have some Decals made? Looks pretty cool.
Yes, I plan to have decals made. What do you plan to put on your hood?

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford F150; '20 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
As an Illustrator / Graphic Designer, I am always doodling and drawing. With the hope of getting a JT early next year, my imagination has been running wild with ideas of how to dress it up and make it mine. I was sold on the Gator color from the start, so that is what I plan to get. Needless to say, I've had gators on the brain. This latest doodle has lead to some fun exploration that I thought I'd share with the community here.

(A little history) Back in my early 20s, I owned a 1990 YJ Wrangler that I dubbed LAGARTO (Spanish for lizard). I came up with a fun little lizard graphic to put on the side of my YJ. I enjoyed all the questions it prompted. People thinking I had a rare edition Wrangler. I loved that vehicle and the day I traded it in, I vowed that I would one day own another Jeep. If all goes well, that will happen early next year. In honor of my YJ, I plan to call my JT LAGARTO as well.

GATOR_graphic_both.jpg

Now, I know that an alligator isn't technically a lizard. But I didn't think it was too much of a stretch to link the two.

I hope Trev775 doesn't mind that I added my graphic to a photo he posted of his JT.

graphic_on_JT.jpg
That looks cool!

Sponsored

Trev775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

GATOR_graphic_both.jpg

graphic_on_JT.jpg
Nope! Looks good!

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I agree with everyone else. Like it alot. I'm getting a sting gray and I'm trying to come up with some ideas to make it my own.

Jenzard

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon, 2004 Toyota Tacoma (TRD)
Occupation
CAD Drafter, Graphic Artist
I really like that! Looks great on the Jeep picture! Hmmm, what to do graphically, I've been thinking as well...
As a lizard lover (Jen-zard), I had to do Gator. It just made sense to me even though I know that it's not a lizard lol. I will add the Gator badge, I'm still thinking I need a lizard on there somewhere. I already have Jenzard license plates that will transfer over from my Tacoma. Maybe I can be more subtle like the Jeep Easter eggs here and there.

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I really like that! Looks great on the Jeep picture! Hmmm, what to do graphically, I've been thinking as well...
As a lizard lover (Jen-zard), I had to do Gator. It just made sense to me even though I know that it's not a lizard lol. I will add the Gator badge, I'm still thinking I need a lizard on there somewhere. I already have Jenzard license plates that will transfer over from my Tacoma. Maybe I can be more subtle like the Jeep Easter eggs here and there.
Maybe something like this?

lizard.png

This is an updated version of the lizard graphic I designed for my YJ. I've considered using it on my JT.
I see you're a graphic artist. You could probably come up with something better on your own.

Sponsored

Jenzard

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maybe something like this?

lizard.png

This is an updated version of the lizard graphic I designed for my YJ. I've considered using it on my JT.
I see you're a graphic artist. You could probably come up with something better on your own.
That's super cool also! I do have my own Logo that has a lizard in it. I may add to a window...not sure yet.

Jenzard

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's super cool also! I do have my own Logo that has a lizard in it. I may add to a window...not sure yet.
Something like this, I'm thinking I'd just take the "graphics" off and make all black

Attachments

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Something like this, I'm thinking I'd just take the "graphics" off and make all black
Sweet! Be sure to post pics. I'd love to see how it looks.

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Gotta get my Glady first, darn it! LOL
You’re much closer than I am. I haven’t even ordered mine yet.
Sponsored