First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Some may have seen the gator and lizard graphics I designed quite some time ago.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/custom-graphics-for-my-future-jt.24521/
Back then I was still planning to get a Rubicon. When I was finally ready to purchase, I chose the Mojave and I absolutely LOVE IT! As a graphic designer, I wanted to come up with some custom graphics to make my JT unique. I named my old YJ Lagarto (Spanish for lizard) and it had some custom graphics on it. I considered going with Lagarto for my JT as well. I also toyed around with an alligator theme, since I always planned to go with gator clear coat. Over the past 3 months, I have tried several different looks. I think I've finally landed on the one I like the most.

Because the Mojave is the desert runner, I felt it appropriate to stick with something within the desert theme. I chose to go with the appropriately named desert native Mojave Rattlesnake design. The Mojave Rattlesnake is the world's most venomous rattlesnake. So here's what I've come up with. I welcome any thoughts, feedback, etc.

I came up with a primary and a secondary graphic that could be used in different locations on the vehicle.

This is the primary graphic:
Jeep Gladiator Custom graphics for my Mojave! Mojave_primary_wm

This is the secondary graphic:
Jeep Gladiator Custom graphics for my Mojave! Mojave_secondary_wm

Here is a rendering of where the graphics would be placed on the vehicle:
Jeep Gladiator Custom graphics for my Mojave! Mojave_truck_wm

These are close-ups to show the details:
Jeep Gladiator Custom graphics for my Mojave! Mojave_truck_front_wm

Jeep Gladiator Custom graphics for my Mojave! Mojave_truck_rear_wm

EDIT: Hood graphic added:
Jeep Gladiator Custom graphics for my Mojave! Mojave_hood

EDIT: Tailgate graphic added:
Jeep Gladiator Custom graphics for my Mojave! Mojave_tailgate

Felt like the dash needed something to tie the interior to the exterior:
Jeep Gladiator Custom graphics for my Mojave! Mojave_dash

That should be everything. I'm very happy with how they've all turned out. I'll post pics once I get this all done. Hoping the actual graphics turn out as well as the rendering. Stay tuned!
Sponsored

Last edited:

MojaveAZ2020

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Training Manager
These are nice. I like the first one...the snake skin is a nice touch as well.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Great graphics, I would use the coiled one on the tailgate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just my 2 cents gator color should be a gator not a snake other than that it all looks cool
I struggled with this way of thinking for quite a while. I see what you’re saying, but here are a couple reasons why I disagree.

1. Only JT owners know the names of the colors. So, very few would know the truck color is called gator.
2. The graphic is intended to go with the Mojave trim level, not the color. Not all Sahara Wranglers are a desert color. Not all Islanders are ocean blue.

I do appreciate the feedback though.

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have to say I LOVE what you have going here. Great job!
I appreciate that! I would be interested in getting a quote from you to produce these graphics. I worked at a sign shop for several years, so I'm very familiar with the process and the installation. Let's talk!

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I appreciate that! I would be interested in getting a quote from you to produce these graphics. I worked at a sign shop for several years, so I'm very familiar with the process and the installation. Let's talk!
Absolutely! Email is usually the best way for big projects like this. [email protected]

BredWinner

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT Director
Vehicle Showcase
That looks awesome! Would you do a graphic for me? I have a zombie themed build going on, I want the grey thats used in the Jeep logo on the back and then a dark red like my custom paint for the outline and a zombie somewhere within the text or to the bottom or side maybe. This would go just on the side hood where Rubicon normally is. PM me if your interested!

Sponsored

BredWinner

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT Director
Vehicle Showcase
That looks awesome! Would you do a graphic for me? I have a zombie themed build going on, I want the grey thats used in the Jeep logo on the back and then a dark red like my custom paint for the outline and a zombie somewhere within the text or to the bottom or side maybe. This would go just on the side hood where Rubicon normally is. PM me if your interested!
Oh sorry and "Zombiator" is the text I was thinking. Unless anyone else has a good idea, that's all I could come up with haha

OP
OP
darksidedesign

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hood rendering added! Let me know your thoughts!

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I struggled with this way of thinking for quite a while. I see what you’re saying, but here are a couple reasons why I disagree.

1. Only JT owners know the names of the colors. So, very few would know the truck color is called gator.
2. The graphic is intended to go with the Mojave trim level, not the color. Not all Sahara Wranglers are a desert color. Not all Islanders are ocean blue.

I do appreciate the feedback though.
I agree with no one knowing the color name is Gator. Nobody gets my GR8G8R personalized plates.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
If you're looking for variance (*other than black), that graphic would look fantastic printed on the Kryptek camo vinyl and allow for several variatons of color:
Jeep Gladiator Custom graphics for my Mojave! Kryptek-scaled-down

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.