Not open for further replies.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
This is a protoype I'm working on. Simple panel for the lower dash area in front of the shifter. At the moment it is being held up by some velcro and brackets. I'm still working out the final mounting.
The plan is that it will house my iDrive, the G-Screen for my Genesis Dual Battery Kit (visible), and the head end from some kind of radio - probably a CB, maybe a mobile UHF/VHF transceiver.
But it could be for a variety of things. Maybe a brake controller, maybe switches, use your imagination.

The angle isn't perfect - and I'm a horrible with a rattle can. But the point here is to get the placement and the mounting right first. Then maybe I'll fool with the material and the final color.

I'm also working on a bed slide with @Bobs85Reny. I'll post about that separately in a day or so.

IMG_1007.JPG
IMG_1008.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I figured out how I'm going to mount this properly. I'm going to use the two bolts that join the center console to the lower dash. I've got a few parts on order. Hopefully I'll have them next week.

Maybe I'll do a video of this also. I also noticed that this could also work right above the rear view mirror.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜00 LR Disco II, ā€˜17 Toyota Sienna
I like this. Iā€™ve been trying to figure out what to do with the G-Screen. Iā€™d feel bad about cutting a hole in the brand new dash.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like this. Iā€™ve been trying to figure out what to do with the G-Screen. Iā€™d feel bad about cutting a hole in the brand new dash.
that's exactly the same issue I was going through. plus i couldn't really find a place that it would fit, depth-wise, and I have other things I want to mount.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜00 LR Disco II, ā€˜17 Toyota Sienna
that's exactly the same issue I was going through. plus i couldn't really find a place that it would fit, depth-wise, and I have other things I want to mount.
I plan to put my radio head on a vector dash bar, but Iā€™m sure there will be other gadgets I need to mount somewhere like what youā€™ve got going. I was trying to figure out if I could make a little box with a ram ball to put the G on the vector bar too. I like your idea better. Haha
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.