Sponsored

Daily Dose

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Found some photos. Thought I would give something to the forum that could help distract us from all the 2door price guessing. :rock:
To give us something to do i'll post a few each day, some you may have seen, but some probably not. Sorry the quality isn't great.

What do you think?
2 dirtbikes.PNG
grrrr.PNG
Sponsored

Sponsored

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford F150; '20 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Possible tweeter in front of the speaker on the rollbar? To the front left of the vehicle?

interior2.png
In one of the other threads, it says that's what it is.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
In one of the other threads, it says that's what it is.
Cool, didn't read that but I know somebody was looking for speaker info/locations.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
That was me Steffen707. I posted that picture about it in the speaker location thread. It is a microscopic sized tweeter speaker, just a tad bigger than a hearing aid.

Last edited:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
There's like an eighty percent chance I'm going resto. Emailed a guy about one today.

Thanks for the great old pics!

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll drop 5-10 new pics each day for a few more
There's like an eighty percent chance I'm going resto. Emailed a guy about one today.

Thanks for the great old pics!
Wait, were you buying a Gladiator and going old school on the camper?

Or are you doing something where you take a new gladiator and modify it to look old?

OR, are you finding an old school Gladiator and restoring it? lmao

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I did mention numerous times that I always reserve the right to be an idiot. Please don't confuse me with my own misconceptions!

What I want is a working old school Jeep Truck with a benchseat and a shell.

What I'll take is a modernized version JT minus the tech!

More importantly, what's your build?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had cabin fever cuz of the polar vortex, so i'm considering everything from just driving my 2008 grand caravan for a few years until i save up some more for a big down payment on a JT, OR

buy a cheaper truck, like a slightly used chevy colorado, OR

buy a wrangler, to make sure I enjoy the "jeep life and intricacies of a wrangler, BEFORE I buy a Gladiator.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I've had cabin fever cuz of the polar vortex, so i'm considering everything from just driving my 2008 grand caravan for a few years until i save up some more for a big down payment on a JT, OR

buy a cheaper truck, like a slightly used chevy colorado, OR

buy a wrangler, to make sure I enjoy the "jeep life and intricacies of a wrangler, BEFORE I buy a Gladiator.
Well I'm glad that's for certain.

One time we broke out of the cabin at minus 27 and the liberty electric door mechanism froze so we roped it shut, duct tape froze and didn't stick, cranked the tunes and heat and hit the town.

Is there snow at least with the cold? I know about Wisconsin Sunburn one day, frostbite the next.

Seriously, these restos can be more affordable. Might be a good option considering this price business.

I've got the bug so bad I'm even looking at Jeep Hot Wheels restoration vids on YouTube.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there snow at least with the cold? I know about Wisconsin Sunburn one day, frostbite the next.

Seriously, these restos can be more affordable. Might be a good option considering this price business.

I've got the bug so bad I'm even looking at Jeep Hot Wheels restoration vids on YouTube.
Yep there's snow, for now. -30 last 3 days, +42 forecast for Sunday with rain. Then 10 degrees next friday. Might have an ice rink in my front yard.

Sure the resto could be cheaper, but there's a lot of driveability and creature comforts that the new vehicle has that a resto won't.
Sponsored