Dash Cam on Display

amcast

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
I managed to install a dash cam and connect it to the 8.4" display. I can post all \ any details if anyone is interested. I have one other thing to do if it is possible. Does anyone know if the time out settings for the cargo cam can be over ridden? I have my dash cam hooked up to the Cargo cam input on the display. but it is set to turn off after about 10 seconds while driving. I'm wondering if this can be changed with a tazer or with Jscan. I currently have a Vlinker MC+ that I use with Jscan. This allowed me to activate the cargo cam input.
Thanks in advance for anyone that knows the answer to this.
Jeep Gladiator Dash Cam on Display 20211031_135022
Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Good thinking! I wouldn’t mind a few details if it’s not too much to ask.

I believe a tazer can override the speed limit on the cameras…

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I managed to install a dash cam and connect it to the 8.4" display. I can post all \ any details if anyone is interested. I have one other thing to do if it is possible. Does anyone know if the time out settings for the cargo cam can be over ridden? I have my dash cam hooked up to the Cargo cam input on the display. but it is set to turn off after about 10 seconds while driving. I'm wondering if this can be changed with a tazer or with Jscan. I currently have a Vlinker MC+ that I use with Jscan. This allowed me to activate the cargo cam input.
Thanks in advance for anyone that knows the answer to this.
Jeep Gladiator Dash Cam on Display 20211031_135022
Lol, that's great, not a dash cam anymore, it's now a video surveillance system. I only have a single forward facing dash cam so I won't be doing this, but great job!

OP
OP

amcast

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Good thinking! I wouldn’t mind a few details if it’s not too much to ask.

I believe a tazer can override the speed limit on the cameras…
Camera - https://www.viofo.com/en/dash-cam/2...0p-rear-1080p-5ghz-wi-fi-gps-dash-camera.html

Camera Hardwire Kit - https://www.viofo.com/en/accessorie...re-kit-cable-for-a139-2ch3ch-dash-camera.html

Z Automotive RCA adapter - https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_vid/
I could have made this myself from an old RCA cable but I wasn't sure what connectors go on the ends so I just purchased this one.

Video Cable - 10FT 3.5mm to 3 RCA Male Plug to... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F3DZNJM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The cameras were installed per the instructions, pretty easy just running the cable through all the molding etc. You need the hardwire kit so that the cameras can stay powered when the car is off. I powered everything from the power cables located on the interior passenger side under the dash. There are cables there for battery power (always on) and accessory power (only in when car is running).

Then I installed the RCA adapter to pin 21 (yellow wire) and pin 22 (black wire) of the adapter on the back of the display.
The dash cam actually has a Video out port. I ran the cable above from the dash cam main unit to the RCA a plug I install on the back of the display.

Lastly I used Jscan and the Vlinker MC+ to activate the cargo cam option on the display. As you can see in the photo at the top left there are now two cam buttons, one for the stock back up cam and now the cargo cam (my dash cam).

OP
OP

amcast

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Specific to brand or does that not matter?
I don't think Brand matters as long as the dash cam has a Video out port. I didn't find many that did.
Sponsored