First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
Drove my truck to PA from baltimore and everything was fine. Went to leave and the dash was lit up with crazy error messages. It wouldn’t start and you couldn’t turn the power off. Tried disconnecting the batteries to reset but that had no effect. Called for the roadside assistance but they weren’t able to get a truck out to me for 5 hours and I had to pay $69 to have it towed 10 miles further. Fortunately, my mother was able to come get us because it my entire family stranded in BFE…. I don’t feel as though @JeepCares really does care.
Jeep Gladiator Dead Gladiator 078E3B7A-B345-422A-A5AF-04D65CAA80EE

Jeep Gladiator Dead Gladiator 347A72C8-D2B5-4F0D-B8E1-3558FBC15106

F19C6560-84A8-4755-A015-98A4B2EB6152.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Damn. Sorry for this for you. @JeepCares needs to help out.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
What do you expect JeepCares to have done here? Pick you up via telephone call?

Jeep doesn't run the tow companies, they work with what independents are available in the area. If that's a 5 hour wait (not uncommon) then that's what it is.

Sucks this happened but I don't see how any of this is their fault. It needs to get towed to a dealer and inspected. I'm curious what the problem is here. Hope is it's just loose electrical.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer

Jeep doesn't run the tow companies, they work with what independents are available in the area. If that's a 5 hour wait (not uncommon) then that's what it is.

Sucks this happened but I don't see how any of this is their fault. It needs to get towed to a dealer and inspected. I'm curious what the problem is here. Hope is it's just loose electrical.
Of course it’s not their fault. What happens from here on out for this incident is where they come in and how they handle it is all on how you work with them.

OP
OP

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Superintendent

The fault was their charge to get my truck to a dealer location that was suitable for me to deal with. Red lion PA is entirely too far from my home in Baltimore City to be convenient.

Sponsored

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
Never trust dealer roadside assistance. Even Mercedes left me stranded the one time I tried - and this was middle of LA just because they couldn’t find a flatbed. It’s not their fault, just a crappy service. Been AAA Premier ever since and it’s been money well spent even for stupid things like running out of gas (BTW - when your gauge reads under 1/8 tank, you’re most likely already empty 😆 oops).

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
If I press my sos button, I’ll get free tow.

the service is free for like the first year or so, I think.

Lost Cosmonaut

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi
Ford used to tow my Raptor for warranty work, but I did have to wait for the driver. Fortunately it was usually just dead in front of my house so it wasn’t a big deal. Towing is usually paid for with the warranty work, at least it should be.

And the fact that I had to have it towed 3 times in less than a year is why I now have a Gladiator instead of another Raptor.

OP
OP

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Superintendent
Ford used to tow my Raptor for warranty work, but I did have to wait for the driver. Fortunately it was usually just dead in front of my house so it wasn’t a big deal. Towing is usually paid for with the warranty work, at least it should be.

And the fact that I had to have it towed 3 times in less than a year is why I now have a Gladiator instead of another Raptor.
I’m glad I chose the Gladiator over the Raptor then. It was a serious contender…

flsupraguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
+1 You bought a Jeep, not a Rolls Royce. Did you expect the ceo to drop out of the sky with white gloves and wave his magic wand?

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
The real question here is…. this is now the second truck I’ve read about with the same error message on the dash. What’s going on with them?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The fault was their charge to get my truck to a dealer location that was suitable for me to deal with. Red lion PA is entirely too far from my home in Baltimore City to be convenient.
It is in their terms of service that the roadside assistance only tows to the nearest dealer where you break down, not to the dealer of convenience for you.

What to Expect: The towing service will transport your vehicle to the Service Department of the closest Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT® or Alfa Romeo dealership. Please keep in mind, if you choose to go to another dealership, additional charges will apply if the added distance exceeds 10 miles.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Right now it's not easy to get tow service - lack of employees.
You are correct on the towing (plus they have to be trucked, not towed with a normal wrecker)
Jeep doesn't operate towing. They are independents. If they have to wait for a driver or a flatbed to be available............... jeepcares can't do a thing about it.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Damn. Sorry for this for you. @JeepCares needs to help out.
How - and do what? Scream at the towing company? Insist they pull a truck or driver off some other job AHEAD IN LINE?
Plus - as already pointed out, it's clearly laid out in the documents that no Jeep owner seems to read - the terms of service. They won't tow it to destination of YOUR choice. That could get really stupid if they did.

Hey, I'm stuck with a broken truck in Omaha, I live near Des Moines, you need to tow it to MY dealer!

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
How - and do what? Scream at the towing company? Insist they pull a truck or driver off some other job AHEAD IN LINE?
Plus - as already pointed out, it's clearly laid out in the documents that no Jeep owner seems to read - the terms of service. They won't tow it to destination of YOUR choice. That could get really stupid if they did.

Hey, I'm stuck with a broken truck in Omaha, I live near Des Moines, you need to tow it to MY dealer!
I never said they had to tow it to his local shop. I was focused on the errors he got on the dash—and @JeepCares should help get his issue expedited if he got it to a dealer, or at least help him get a loaner while they work on it. I have no expectation that they would send a tow for me in any reasonable amount of time and for that reason I expect to pay for my tow to a destination I choose. I think assumptions are really stupid. Let’s all try to avoid those.
Sponsored