Sponsored

Dead Pedal install issue

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
So, I was in the middle of installing the MORE dead pedal and since I am not a contortionist I dropped that part that goes behind the metal plate in that space. Does anyone know how to open the plastic paneling at the bottom so that I can get to it and get this installed?

I see that there is one bolt that is holding it in to the left near the door but is there more or does anyone know how to remove that plastic paneling at the bottom left on the driver's side?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepyJeep

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I figured it out myself - basically you unplug the electric cables connected there, and there is one bolt that holds it together and then it comes free. I'll post pictures tomorrow when there is daylight. so that someone else can know how to remove those panels if they were wondering the same thing...

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
yikes! good thing you got it. That was a painful install.... hopefully you don't have to adjust it - twice, like in my case :facepalm:
The second time I adjusted it I didn't even add the second bolt. I was so annoyed :lipssealed:
6000 miles, no issues :blush:

OP
OP
SleepyJeep

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yikes! good thing you got it. That was a painful install.... hopefully you don't have to adjust it - twice, like in my case :facepalm:
The second time I adjusted it I didn't even add the second bolt. I was so annoyed :lipssealed:
6000 miles, no issues :blush:
Yeah, just removing the plastic paneling was a pain. They use these plastic pins and they are pretty hard to pop out as they have teeth that keep them in place. I shall take pictures upload to explain it. I dropped the part that goes behind with the welded screws into that space behind it and it settled at the bottom LOL. So, I had to remove the plastic paneling and reach out and get it from the bottom of the jeep. I guess it is easier/cheaper to use plastic push pins rather than screws for these plastic paneling but I wish they had used screws, as it would have made easier to remove them.

OP
OP
SleepyJeep

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So basically, you need to remove this plastic paneling to the left of the pedals on the floor on the driver side to the left:

upload_2019-10-25_18-25-39.png

It has one screw at the front near the door connectivity and then there are a couple of plastic pins that you need to get past.

Once, you do that you have enough room to install this:

upload_2019-10-25_18-26-30.png

:blush::whew::fingerscrossed::rock:

Sponsored

Bruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Outback
I put one of those in too. It was not a pleasant process as my shoulders really don't fit in that space well. I didn't drop that plate but I did lose a washer back there. It's still there.

Texas_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1998 Wrangler
I put one of those in too. It was not a pleasant process as my shoulders really don't fit in that space well. I didn't drop that plate but I did lose a washer back there. It's still there.
Same. There is a rogue washer behind that plastic piece. Don't even care... lol

Also, for anyone else attempting this install, do yourself a favor and do something to brace that bracket once it is in place. In my case, I took a pair of work gloves, balled them up, and shoved them back there. Worked well...

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Same. There is a rogue washer behind that plastic piece. Don't even care... lol

Also, for anyone else attempting this install, do yourself a favor and do something to brace that bracket once it is in place. In my case, I took a pair of work gloves, balled them up, and shoved them back there. Worked well...
I stuffed a rag behind the plastic panel to keep the nuts/washers from falling down there. Saved me a couple times with getting the rear nut/washer started on the bolt, since my fingers just didn't want to bend the way they needed to! Definitely way more difficult than it should be, but my left foot thanks me everytime I drive :like:.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Based on all the posts about the install I would never subject myself to the physical abuse required to use this product.

I will enjoy the dead pedal vicariously through those of you who survived the install

Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Wasnt nearly as dramatic as it was made to seam. - Once I had the backplate installed with 3m double side tape - any changes / mount was easy even with my fat fingers. Hadnt thought I would like or need a dead pedal - but now I like having it.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Based on all the posts about the install I would never subject myself to the physical abuse required to use this product.

I will enjoy the dead pedal vicariously through those of you who survived the install
I have really small hands. Might consider making a job change and travel the us as a dead petal installer. Might make more money than my current job:CWL:
Sponsored