Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Occupation
Professionally unemployed
Hello all,
I just drove home a new 2020 Gladiator Overland. When I tried to go for a test drive the battery was stone dead. Service installed new battery. I test drove different one. When I started the one I bought that had the battery replaced I see a "Service stop/go system " on the center display and system switch not depressed. I pulled right to service bay and the guy that writes up the work orders say it will go away after driving it and maybe wait 500 miles. That was BS. I wanted to get home so I left. I have 150 miles now and I get the warning and the yellow inop at every start and the inop light stays on.
Sorry for the long tale but I understand the system uses the main battery and a smaller secondary one behind it.
Could the smaller battery have been killed when the main died and this is causing the system to be inoperable.
Anyone have any thoughts.
Thanks. This is my 3rd Jeep but first with this stop/go thing.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The secondary battery is dead. They should have replaced both batteries.

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks. Called selling dealer and they keep those secondary batteries in stock for this reason. I hope this is the problem.

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Did you figure out what the issue was? Bought my gladiator 6/28, same issue driving home noticed the start stop icon and got message service it. Thinking maybe aux battery

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Did you figure out what the issue was? Bought my gladiator 6/28, same issue driving home noticed the start stop icon and got message service it. Thinking maybe aux battery
Typical of vehicles thst sit on the dealer lot and sold with partially discharged batteries.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well I spent the day at the dealer. I got the Jeep back from service, checked the passenger side fenderliner ( aux battery located behind) and they left 3 rivets off. Showed the service writer and got the rivits and I put them in. The work order said they check both main and aux battery, cleseed several codes and test drove.
NOW the ODD part.
As I left the dealer I notice Sat radio button totally gone and then I realize I don’t have control of A/C. Also most of the appts. are gone.
Back to the service area. The guy that gave me the rivots tried his hand at tapping the screen. Finally takes it back the shop. After 2 hour I walk outside I see my Gladiator Just sitting there. Go inside and Im told the they called the factory and was told to sit it outside for 2 hours.
WELL guess what, everything did come back. They said sometimes when the batteries get disconnected it can happen and this is the fix.
Sorry, this long but I wanted folks know this strange procedure. Stop/ stop now fiction and service message gone also.

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
So they didn’t have to replace the battery? I almost don’t want to even take mine in and just leave it with the service light on, I don’t mind not having it turn off at lights

OP
OP
Gr8ful

Gr8ful

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What lights? The sevice message comes on during every start. I did not want to see that everytime.
Remember, I my Glad. had a stone dead main battery. They replaced it.
I think the aux battery got low and kicked out faults codes. The aux battery recharged but the system remained shutdown until the codes were cleared.
That's my $.02 worth.
Why would want a failed system on a new vehicle? I hate going to dealers. They do shoddy work generally.
I do my own maintance so it was painful to let them touch it.
I wont even go for my free oil changes cause they may mess it up.
Not worth the $30. IMHO
Sponsored