Sponsored

Dealer added to my order without permission!!

quantumleap39

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 hummer, 1987 firebird, 1929 Mercedes
I have been tracking my build and now have a sticker!!! But, after reading through it I found my dealer added:
Roll–Up Tonneau Cover $595
17–Inch x 7.5–Inch Low–Gloss Black Polished Wheels $995

they added 1600 to an already expensive gladiator, I dont want to reject the order but I also didnt want those options nor did I order them with the dealer.
I have the actual email stating this is what I want, listed it out with prices straight from jeep.
thoughts??
Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Was the order placed without an agreed out-the-door price? If you already agreed to a price, then the dealer should stick to it (but they probably won't). I kind of get the feeling that they are setting you up to either pay more, or have you walk away so they can sell it to someone else at a higher profit.

OP
OP

quantumleap39

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was the order placed without an agreed out-the-door price? If you already agreed to a price, then the dealer should stick to it (but they probably won't).
this is an excerpt from the email to the dealer with all the options, Polished rims are you kidding me... this thing will be on dirt roads, boat ramps both fresh and salt, mud snow and back woods.

Packages

EXTERIOR
Edit
Exterior Colors:Limited Edition Gecko Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
$245
Grilles:Satin Black Grille by Mopar®
$195
Wheels:17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Low-Gloss Black Aluminum Wheels
$0
Tires:33-Inch LT285/70R17C Mud-Terrain Tires
$195
Tops:Black Freedom Top® 3-Piece Hard Top
$1,545
Glass:Windshield with Corning Gorilla Glass
$95
Side Steps & Running Boards:Black Tubular Side Steps by Mopar®
$625
Bedliners:Spray-In Bedliner by Mopar®
$495

INTERIOR
Edit
Interior Colors:Premium Cloth Seats with Sport Bolsters
$0
Entertainment:Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display
$0
Safety & Security Systems:Remote-Start System
$495
Speaker Systems:Alpine® Premium Audio System
$1,295
Interior Design:Hardtop Headliner by Mopar®
$555
Additional Interior Features:Interior Assist Handles by Mopar®
$95
Locks & Keys:Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry
$645

PACKAGES
Edit
8.4-Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group
$1,995
Trail Rail™ Management System
$895
Cold Weather Group
$995
Auxiliary Switch Group
$345
Trailer-Tow Package
$495

POWERTRAIN
Edit
3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine w/ESS
$0
8-Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission
$2,000
4.10 Axle Ratio
$0

NET PRICING
Base Price
$44,665​
Added Options
Destination Charges
$1,495​
2021 National Retail Consumer Cash 21CM1 -$500
ESTIMATED NET SELLING PRICE

$57,075

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Was the order placed without an agreed out-the-door price? If you already agreed to a price, then the dealer should stick to it (but they probably won't). I kind of get the feeling that they are setting you up to either pay more, or have you walk away so they can sell it to someone else at a higher profit.
As stated, I would say they are adding things that they think customers want so when you back out they can sell easily at a marke3d up price. Have you contacted your salesman?

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Tonneau can be easily removed and they should credit you for it. Wheels are harder to remove after delivery. I agree with above quote, what specifically can you document? Did you give a down payment?

Also they may have purchased a "quick order" off of stock availability vs a custom order.

I did not sign any paper work and the dealer ordered what I wanted custom. They said if I want it when they get it I will get first dibs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

quantumleap39

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tonneau can be easily removed and they should credit you for it. Wheels are harder to remove after delivery. I agree with above quote, what specifically can you document? Did you give a down payment?

Also they may have purchased a "quick order" off of stock availability vs a custom order.

I did not sign any paper work and the dealer ordered what I wanted custom. They said if I want it when they get it I will get first dibs.

yes it was custom ordered for me with 1k down paid. the list above was emailed to the dealer with everything I needed including a link to the saved jeep build site that I used to build it.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Sounds like you have grounds to politely negotiate. I would suggest waiting until you get it and dont mention added items Instead address the increased price over what you agreed on. Don't accuse them of anything play it as smooth as possible. Good luck however you play it!

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Did you ever get a Priced Order Confirmation from the dealer?

If you put the money down but never saw the POC, you're going to get caught in a back-and-forth with the dealer when it gets delivered. If you do have the POC, then it's crystal clear.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Who cares what you sent them. Did they send you a confirmation, build sheet etc with what it was supposed to be? You should have confirmed what they were ordering before giving them $1000. I’m not blaming you, I’m just asking because they’ll just claim ignorance. You should have something like this and the official one has the ordered date, your name etc on it.

Jeep Gladiator Dealer added to my order without permission!! 40976F16-CD1B-4687-8095-93E3E8C6B3CF

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Make the salesman throw in the extras that they added. If he doesn't want to do that, have him remove them. You can always sell them to someone after the fact.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes it was custom ordered for me with 1k down paid. the list above was emailed to the dealer with everything I needed including a link to the saved jeep build site that I used to build it.
I sold cars for 3 years. In order for any normal dealer to take a deposit, they would have to provide you with a bill of sale.

I see the list of items that you sent to them.

Did you ever get FROM THEM something acknowledging this or stating what items would be on the order.

Typically the bill of sale would include the price of the vehicle with options, tax, tags, doc fee, etc.
If your bill of sale has a price. then that's the price. Its the dealer's problem.

Practically speaking they are going to try to "bump" you a bit to pay for their screw up.

In today's market they may choose to walk away. The problem may be that the 2022 costs more and may not offer the colors you want.

So you have a choice. Negotiate for the car on order. Or walk away and order a 2022.

One point of negotiation might be to have the dealer swap the wheels with another truck that has base wheels. They can put the cost of the wheels on a dealer add sheet on the other truck.

PunknJLBlackJT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon and 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Estimator for Pharma facilities
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if one of the other options selected requires those now or if they just messed up adding them. When I initially ordered a gladiator they messed up and I caught it going through the list before they hit submit. Like others said try the calm approach first, they will jerk you around a bit I'm sure. Are you doing a trade in as well? Dealers are pretty desperate for inventory so you may have some wiggle room there. I got $3k more than I paid for a 2020 Durango 6 months ago on a trade on a new Grand Cherokee L last month. I politely declined on their first 3 offers and was walking out the door when they made the offer.

Only mention it because I get heated on stuff like this too but it never seems to pay off that way, might be able to make lemonade out of lemons here if they sell for your agreed upon price you could sell the wheels and bed cover easy if you didnt want those and use the funds for upgrading wheels and tires.
Sponsored