Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I have always took care of every bit of maintenance on my Jeeps , but I have this Gladiator & it's about time for my first oil change, to keep my warrantee I need to have them service it right ? also have the JL mini do I unmarry it from the Jeep & remove it or not . I don't trust even a dealer touching my stuff i'm a scarred LOL
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I have always took care of every bit of maintenance on my Jeeps , but I have this Gladiator & it's about time for my first oil change, to keep my warrantee I need to have them service it right ? also have the JL mini do I unmarry it from the Jeep & remove it or not . I don't trust even a dealer touching my stuff i'm a scarred LOL
After having several customers come in with JK fill capacity on their JL's(1 Quart less on the JL) I decided not to even get my "free" oil changes that were part of the Jeep Wave program.
Like you, I don't trust the dealer touching my Jeep. I'm waiting for the day they tell me my yellowing JL grill(white) is because my Jeep is lifted and closer to the sun :facepalm:

OP
OP
Texops

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
After having several customers come in with JK fill capacity on their JL's(1 Quart less on the JL) I decided not to even get my "free" oil changes that were part of the Jeep Wave program.
Like you, I don't trust the dealer touching my Jeep. I'm waiting for the day they tell me my yellowing JL grill(white) is because my Jeep is lifted and closer to the sun :facepalm:
I have heard that same thing about 6 Quarts instead of 5 & dealers cracking the filter/cooler housing not tourqing it. yeah how could I do it myself & be good with my warrentee

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I have heard that same thing about 6 Quarts instead of 5 & dealers cracking the filter/cooler housing not tourqing it. yeah how could I do it myself & be good with my warrentee
I believe if you keep the receipts and document the mileage your warranty should not be effected(Don't quote me on that, but how many people actually go to the dealer for oil changes?)
I would however remove/unmarry the Tazer anytime you take it to the dealer. The thing that scares me most about these newer Jeeps is all the electronics. The last thing you want is for them to void your warranty on that stuff.

OP
OP
Texops

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I believe if you keep the receipts and document the mileage your warranty should not be effected(Don't quote me on that, but how many people actually go to the dealer for oil changes?)
I would however remove/unmarry the Tazer anytime you take it to the dealer. The thing that scares me most about these newer Jeeps is all the electronics. The last thing you want is for them to void your warranty on that stuff.
agreed this Jeep is a freakin PC & that's why my warrantee matters

Sponsored

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
If your Jeep qualifies for the Jeep wave program you get 4 free oil changes and 4 tire rotate and balance that would be 2 a year for the first 2 years if that helps any

OP
OP
Texops

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If your Jeep qualifies for the Jeep wave program you get 4 free oil changes and 4 tire rotate and balance that would be 2 a year for the first 2 years if that helps any
I rotate my tires & have a tire guy that I trust to balance my tires. I do have the free oil changes what oil do they use ? is it synthetic ? its just a trust issue.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
LOL, I have one of my vehicles serviced at the dealership. Before I pull it out of the service port I raise the hood and check the oil, breather box, etc.

The service writer always scurries out to see what is wrong.

I also chalk my tires with the location I want them moved to. I didn't use to do that because I knew which wheel weights were where, and they insisted they rotated my tires (once). Now I just chalk them.

I'll take the JT there because I got a dealer provided lifetime power train warranty if I let them service it according to the manual. We'll see how that goes, I have had more bad experiences with dealer "technicians" than good ones I'm afraid.

Lex Low

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor
Catch 22. Have to have them service it so the warranty is not void, but do not trust them one bit. Dealer service departments in my city are the worse. Three different dealers. Three different nightmare experiences with my JK. Bought my JT 500 miles away just so I dont have to deal with rat infested dealerships here.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Catch 22. Have to have them service it so the warranty is not void, but do not trust them one bit. Dealer service departments in my city are the worse. Three different dealers. Three different nightmare experiences with my JK. Bought my JT 500 miles away just so I dont have to deal with rat infested dealerships here.
I’m fairly certain they can’t void the warranty just because they aren’t the ones doing the work.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0138-auto-warranties-routine-maintenance

Doesn’t mean the work can be skipped, so make sure everything is documented accordingly.

I’ve always performed and documented my own oil changes—mostly because I like to run full synthetic, and don’t want to get charged double for that by the dealer.

Sponsored

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I’ve changed the oil myself once and just took it in for a free Jeep Wave oil change.
Brought in my own oil and filter and they looked at me like I was crazy.
Then the tech and his buddy wanted to argue with me about it taking 6 qts instead of the 5 I brought in.
I told them I would get the manual out of the glove box if they didn’t believe me.
Needless to say,the tech gave me a thumbs up after checking the oil level after changing it.

MACulberson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2018 Dodge Challenge Hellcat, 2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
You can do your own oil change. Save the receipt. As soon as they scan your computer for any warranty work and see where the Taser WAS (even if you unmarried it) there, they will refuse it and void all warranty on components governed by the ECU (engine, trans, anything electrical, etc.)

OP
OP
Texops

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m fairly certain they can’t void the warranty just because they aren’t the ones doing the work.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0138-auto-warranties-routine-maintenance

Doesn’t mean the work can be skipped, so make sure everything is documented accordingly.

I’ve always performed and documented my own oil changes—mostly because I like to run full synthetic, and don’t want to get charged double for that by the dealer.
how did you document your maintenance ?

OP
OP
Texops

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You can do your own oil change. Save the receipt. As soon as they scan your computer for any warranty work and see where the Taser WAS (even if you unmarried it) there, they will refuse it and void all warranty on components governed by the ECU (engine, trans, anything electrical, etc.)
I thought Tazer didn't leave a footprint.
Sponsored